What setup are you gonna build with AX8

Hi all,

I am on the waiting list. I had an Ultra and ran it through a nice pair of FBT powered monitors. The sound was great, but more than I want to set up every time I play. Pairing down, thus the AX8!!! So now I am considering what to play it through. I love working in stereo but don't want to set up 2 monitors each time. I am thinking a small combo stereo amp something like a KC-110. I do not need much power as I only play in a small church and home. But I want it to sound good. Any alternative ideas out there to the Roland option?

Grab and go: AX8, guitar, amp....

http://www.proaudiostar.com/roland-...--hvmbKSK7JOVRf3sQiK13Q5z-6lB7FN7AaAvDj8P8HAQ

KC-110 would work fine for on-stage sound assuming there are no other loud-sounding musicians on stage like loud drummers. But I would think you need more amplification for a church (as PA support) unless there's a requirement that the band should sound quiet.

If you don't necessary need stereo, there are now plenty of good lightweight (under 35lbs) self-powered speakers out there, Alto, QSC, RCF, EV, Yamaha and so on. I'm sure you could search out other threads on this forum where people discuss those.

KC-110 would work fine for on-stage sound assuming there are no other loud-sounding musicians on stage like loud drummers. But I would think you need more amplification for a church (as PA support) unless there's a requirement that the band should sound quiet.

If you don't necessary need stereo, there are now plenty of good lightweight (under 35lbs) self-powered speakers out there, Alto, QSC, RCF, EV, Yamaha and so on. I'm sure you could search out other threads on this forum where people discuss those.

Thanks for the response. I still have the FBT monitors, and yes I know I could just use one and that would be a great mono solution. My FBTs are very powerful and clear and clean. But I was hoping for something less powerful, but still quality, that would be stereo all in one handy grab and go package. I do plug into the PA at church so I am pretty sure the KC-110 would be sufficient for power, just wondering if there are better options for sound quality.

thanks again

I'm currently building a bank of presets to demonstrate the power of AX8 effects processing (to supplement the MANY banks which showcase its amp modeling capabilities.)

Ugh. I need to work on my current setup , but i've been putting it off because it seems like a waste of time , cause I've been thinking I'll be starting over with the AX8 soon.

I'm currently building a bank of presets to demonstrate the power of AX8 effects processing (to supplement the MANY banks which showcase its amp modeling capabilities.)

Thanks for the update! Can we still expect the first round of wait listers to receive the AX8 later this month?

I'm planning on placing the AX8 on a pedalboard along with a Line 6 G30 wireless and two Roland EV-5 expression pedals - according to my calculations this should fit perfectly on the smallest pedalboard Thomann makes (60x40cm)

It's this one: http://www.thomann.de/gb/thon_effect_pedal_case_small.htm

I had one before I bought my Eleven Rack, and it is a really solid case. The lid can be removed completely when the board is being used, so you don't have to remove the pedal board from the case - the bottom of the case functions as the pedal board in it self.

Looks good -- wish they were available in USA. Now, Gator has one that is very similar:

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/16108-1993/g-tour-pedalboard-lgw

Running my PRS guitar to AX8 w/Mission SP-1 Pedal straight to PA. Using Axiom ear monitoring system with headphones. Sounds amazing!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom