What Power amp and cab should I Use with AXE FX Ultra

RandomReg

Hi All

Just bought an Axe FX Ultra and am currently running it through a MOTU 896HD into Logic Pro and monitoring through a set of Genelec 8030s and I must say I am impressed with the sounds I am getting.
I would however prefer to be running it through a power amp and a Cab of some type

It will be in my home studio and I currently run a Diezel Hagen and Herbert through a Couple of Diezel Cabs (2x12 Front loaded V30s and 4x12 front Loaded V30s)

I am looking to use the Ultra to experiment with but will be generally looking for 70s and 80s sounds especially ACDC, Iron Maiden and Van Halen , maybe even straying to some Hendrix and I guess the more familiar I get with the unit the more sounds I will try and replicate

Any Advice on the best power amp and cab to go for that will allow the Axe Fx to shape the sounds without the Power amp colouring things too much

FYI i was thinking about a Mesa 20/20 or a Marshall 20/20 but open to ideas

Thanks

Andrew

Matrix GT800FX for poweramp and EVM12L loaded cabinet is pretty liked choice. I just got 2x12 EVM12L cabinet so can't say my own opinion before our bands next rehersal.

The best is the vht 2:50 poweramp.
I use mine with peavey classic 60/60 valve poweramp.
It sounds amazing!!!!!

you need to search a bunch of threads, it seems everyone has a different opinion on what the best power amp is, just like what the best preset is, best cab is, best FRFR is, best studio monitor, etc.
You will find lovers/haters of all these amps, and many more
Atomic
Matrix
Carvin
ART
Mesa
VHT
QSC
Crown
etc...

the best way is to find people on this forum who seem to dig the same sounds as you do, from presets they share or comment on, and see what gear they are using. If your ears are similar in taste to theirs, then likely, you will like the same poweramp cab setup they are using....as a rough way to figure out what you might want to test out for your self.

Back
Top Bottom