What is your guitar whim right now?

This P90 equipped McCarty. I sold my P90 Les Paul. Loved the P90s. Hated the Les Paul form factor and weight.

https://reverb.com/item/57455615-pr...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=57455615
I finally got McCarty earlier this year, after not having a Les Paul I sold and played primarily for over a decade. I really really like, really really love the McCarty 590. The neck is just as, if not more comfortable. I wish I would have seen this earlier, b/c it looks like it's still available, and I just got a p90 equipped guitar on order w/ Sweetwater. That's ok, this is still there (I would have asked first if you were still interested in it before buying anyway), I think I'm going to love putting together the guitar with some upgrades on hardware and ordering Fralin P90s.. fun stuff!

Since you say super Tele I assume you mean his HH config one vs the traditional one? I have two of his sig HHs (War Black and Whiskey Barrel) right now! I ordered the WB one new from Suhr back in April since lately they rarely come up for sale used or new and while I waited the War Black one popped up used at a decent price so I grabbed it! Literally 2 days later I get an email saying my Whiskey Barrel one is on it's way! I didn't want to lose my deposit or be that guy and cancel so I kept it. And now I'm that guy with two of the same guitar! It's my every day, do everything guitar! It's one of those guitars that is just so comfortable to play and inspiring. I take it to work with me - can't leave home without it!View attachment 108298
I haven't sen many Suhr guitars I don't like. Andy Wood Signature T was out of my range for now... as was this one https://reverb.com/item/60172573-su...-t-express-shipping-s-193-serial-69177-plek-d

I should probably make sure I really like Teles that much... but they seem versatile and everyone says... blah blah blah

1663504245082.png

Last edited:
I finally got McCarty earlier this year, after not having a Les Paul I sold and played primarily for over a decade. I really really like, really really love the McCarty 590. The neck is just as, if not more comfortable. I wish I would have seen this earlier, b/c it looks like it's still available, and I just got a p90 equipped guitar on order w/ Sweetwater. That's ok, this is still there (I would have asked first if you were still interested in it before buying anyway), I think I'm going to love putting together the guitar with some upgrades on hardware and ordering Fralin P90s.. fun stuff!
That’s very kind of you. I’m not buying guitars right now. I have enough and just need to play them. If you want that, please go for it. I think it’s a little overpriced for the plain top, moons and wear by about $500. Maybe they’d deal?

That’s very kind of you. I’m not buying guitars right now. I have enough and just need to play them. If you want that, please go for it. I think it’s a little overpriced for the plain top, moons and wear by about $500. Maybe they’d deal?
Yeah, I agree. I already went a little less expensive route...

I'm looking at a hardtail HH and those schecter with the wenge necks are quite appealing

Oh yeah, that would be awesome. The hardtail also has the stainless steel frets for that price, which really makes it awesome. Mine has the stainless steel too, and the fretwork was top notch, which surprised me. The neck on mine just feels so comfortable and easy to slide up and down on. It has the texture of the grain that you can really feel, that makes it comforting on top of being comfortable. I like those pickup covers too.

Reactions: JD_
Last edited:
Right now? Yesterday it was another of these, using a different body cap:

Dmas5Gu.jpg

but then I read about these hex pickups https://www.cycfi.com/product/nu-multi-6/ and wondered whether I could squeeze one behind the bridge pickup.

I played a couple used R9s today, my first.
Didn't buy either one.
Nice tones, playing feel didn't blow me away, which it'd have to do for over $5k, and the (I think?) nicer sounding one of them didn't stay in tune for shit.
May visit them again next week maybe.
I've also got a bit of a vendetta against Gibson for some of the companies they've trashed, but I might get over if for the right guitar.
Maybe.
I'm also scared of their fragile neck joints, but I'm not really gigging so.

Also played a Lari Ibanez, but didn't care for the neck, and I'm feeling a strong pull towards a neck humbucker, which this r e a l l y didn't sound like.

Still on the birthday hunt, but at least I got ears and fingers on some R9s, instead of just thinking about them in the abstract.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom