What I like about FW10

TakaraGold

Experienced
Well guys, as everybody here, I installed FW and most my patches got really messed up. But after resetting the amp and its advanced settings, dialing back isnt that hard. I liked the master vol trim, so that I can kick up master, and still control how it affects tone cranking it up or down. After you choose a specific tonestack, its pretty amazing how the amps controls react like the real thing. EQ page also works pretty accurately, this for me has become the ultimate tone-tayloring step.
Also feel the improvements on the drives, great boosts with the tubescreamer.
There is less latency in scenes if they involve x/y amp changes, and loving that latency was noticeably reduced on preset switching.
The new Plexi 100w is just a beautiful beast, from Govan to Gilbert, Johnson and everything in between. The Bludotones are pure heaven. The Uberschall and Powerball came back to firebreathing life.
The IRs are great, the Hot Kitty mix brings all the Bad Cat in me. The Petrucci IR also works great for thick leads and articulate riffs.
So far I've messed and reworked my Mesa Leads, Friedmans, Ubers, Powerballs, Plexis (half of them). They all feel great, some of them took a little more work to dial in, but they all feel more organic, dynamic, grittier, and more "in the room". Now I have to start working on the Ecstasys and Shivas, which are among my favourite sounding amps. Also the Badgers, /13, Fenders.
There is still a lot to discover, but Im grateful for shure. Thanks guys! Keep it up!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom