Delete

My Suhr Standard has their Thornbucker II/V63/V63 set. It's wired up to auto split in position two. Also, there's a push/push on the tone pot to put the humbucker in parallel.
I haven't thought once about changing anything since the install.

I have an old 1986 Jackson Soloist and the previous owner, a great friend of mine, changed the original pickups.
He unfortunately passed away and his family wanted me to have the guitar. So when I got the guitar I decided to put it back to the way it left the factory. I put Duncans in the guitar. A J.B. in the bridge and two Classic Strat pickups, one in the middle and the other in the neck positions.
It sounds exactly like it did back in 1986 when I went with him when he bought the guitar. Duncan has always made great pickups. Yes, there are other pickups that I like a bit more than Duncans, but I'm really happy with the pickups I put in this Jackson Soloist.

JB is a great pickup. Di marzio AT1 has s very good also.
I recently installed a dimarzio paf36 and I love it.

With modelers you don’t have to rely too much on the pickup output. There’s tons of gain in those units.

I second the Dimarzio AT1 for bridge. Perfect for that genre. On the pricier side there's BKP rebel yell which is a sweet pup. Thornbucker might be a good choice as an allrounder.

Hey everybody. I'm working on putting together a superstrat and could use some help finding the right pickups. I'll probably get a Jazz for the neck position, but I need to figure out the bridge position.

I plan on playing stuff like Dokken, Van Halen, Alice in Chains, and Queensryche. Maybe a JB could work, but I'd like your feedback.

Feel free to suggest pickups from any brand as well. I'm open to suggestions.
The most important is that your vol pot must be 500k in humbucker position and 250k in single coil or split .

The most important is that your vol pot must be 500k in humbucker position and 250k in single coil or split .

Pretty easy to arrange for a 510k resistor to be connected from hot to ground via the selector switch with the 4p5t super switch in those switch positions. :) I finally broke down and did the 500k pot conversion with a resistor added to drop it to 250k for the bridge pickup (Lawrence L298TL) on my Gecko Tele last year, when I put the Fralin Hum-Free P90 in the neck spot. I think either of the previous TV Jones 'Tron pickups I had there would have benefited from the same arrangement. Eventually I'd like to get a Warmoth Iceman or Musiclander body built to accept the two TV Jones 'Tron pickups in neck and middle spots, and a Fralin Split Steel Pole Tele at the bridge, then stick the neck from the MIM Noventa Jazzmaster on it....

I put a Seth Lover in an alder bodied HSS. I love the pickup but maybe not the best choice for the guitar. I might try another pickup, the Duncan Saturday Night or Custom. I never understood the super Strat thing. Humbucker neck. Neck humbuckers seem useless to me because of the overpowering bass. The only neck pickups I’ve liked have been P90’s or singles.

Back
Top Bottom