What happened to Swedish Chef?

The Chef is a great guy, and a phenomenal Fractal master. If he indeed was run off by interweb loudmouths, then they oughta be banned for life. The Chef added nothing but greatness to this site.

If you're reading this, Chef, please come back. Miss ya, buddy!

Chef, we hardly knew ye.

Up until recently I was a Junior member, but I had been a long time lurker of the forum before that (I had been saving up for the Axe-Fx II for quite some time and joined when I got one used). As I recall, his posts were some of the wittiest I had ever seen and his patches were amazing.

If he did decide to leave this forum, his choice must be respected. But even the notion that he left because of online trash talk pains me. I would like to believe that this forum is better than that.

Chef, if you are out there, please reconsider. And if you haven't left we all hope to see you again soon.

It looks like his last posts were in September. And he has a gif of his Chef guy waving goodbye in his signature. Maybe he's just waving and not waving goodbye. I don't recall whether that was in his signature before or not.

I liked Chef too. He contributed an awful lot to this community and was quite funny. What a shame if he has left for good. :(

i agree he contributed a lot and I dug his patches as well....but either give a patch or charge for it. I think demanding 100 likes in return for a patch was silly. I never reacted to it but I can see how it would annoy people. That's not to say they handled it well if they did attack, just saying....

i agree he contributed a lot and I dug his patches as well....but either give a patch or charge for it. I think demanding 100 likes in return for a patch was silly. I never reacted to it but I can see how it would annoy people. That's not to say they handled it well if they did attack, just saying....

Chef certainly did give his patches - and a whole lot more to this community - without ever demanding anything.

IIRC his post (and justly so IMO) was simply about people showing good manners by giving feedback or saying thanks if they liked or used a patch made by him or somebody else or if they got a lot of help from another forumite - just like everybody would expect if you where face to face with somebody you don't really know, who is spending a lot of time helping you out FOR FREE.
Not saying "thanks for your time mate/bro/dude/friend/man that helped me" is a sure fire way to wear down the will to help, when you are using so much time on these boards helping others as some people like Chef, Scott, Yek, Java and a few other s do.

Chef certainly did give his patches - and a whole lot more to this community - without ever demanding anything.

IIRC his post (and justly so IMO) was simply about people showing good manners by giving feedback or saying thanks if they liked or used a patch made by him or somebody else or if they got a lot of help from another forumite - just like everybody would expect if you where face to face with somebody you don't really know, who is spending a lot of time helping you out FOR FREE.
Not saying "thanks for your time mate/bro/dude/friend/man that helped me" is a sure fire way to wear down the will to help, when you are using so much time on these boards helping others as some people like Chef, Scott, Yek, Java and a few other s do.

i wasn't implying he didn't contribute or give anything to the community, he most certainly did, and seemed like a great guy as well. I'm just saying I can see how it could rub people by posting an amazing patch (most of his were), then not releasing it until x number of thank you's/likes/whatever were met. If you're gonna give it, give it. If not accept donations or charge whatever you want.

Some forum members attacked Chef pretty badly a little while ago when he asked for more feedback in return for his patches.

I thought he got over that but maybe not. In my opinion he absolutely did not deserve the attacks thrown at him.

Oh ya! I forgot about that. So thats it then. In this fast paced world, you can't expect direct appreciation from everyone. Case in point. I posted a patch that has received 147 downloads and two thanks. I would never get my nose out of joint on something like this. Its not worth it. Just as I, appreciate many contributions from forum members but don't necessarily show it via a response to the thread.

Lets be honest, the real kudos here goes out to Cliff and his team as they've provided us with this forum and superior product and support. I'm a longtime Roland user (a company with much more financial wealth and power than FAS) and they do jack squat for their user base. They rely on their users coming together to build the community (forums) and keep them strong. They also rely soley on the user community to provide support to each other.

I only saw Cliff react with "Want a job?" to a GuitarDojo preset once. Seemed no one was sure if he was serious.

Matt Picone and Adam Cook started as regular forum members too, so don't give up all hope ;)

M@ was already well known for what he's doing today! I virtually read him at the toontrack board in late 2005. He's also an excellent musician and composer (just in case you don't know....)

Back
Top Bottom