What happened to Axechange.net? Closed? Is there a new site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH NO! The foundation of my reality has been shaken by these events.

Reality%20Chec_qjpreviewth.jpg

Hmm. Lars hasn't posted since April 4th.
Recently it looked as if there was disagreement between him and Fractal.

Lets hope this is just a transition.

Dutch said:

What indications would lead you to believe there is a disagreement and what do you "speculate" are the sticking points.

I just noticed this thread. Don't know if the links where there the entire time, but you can download 2 archive zips of everything.

TIme for some wild speculation...
I'm personally hoping that they're making major improvements and bringing everything under the fractalaudio.com umbrella just like they did when they switched forums. This would make things slightly more self explanatory for new users. Software based editing can often be a deal breaker for me on certain kinds of digital multifunction gear. I think it would be smart from a marketing point of view to bring the preset library under the fractal audio domain so people researching it will see what kind of tones have been user generated. One of the few good things I can say about Line 6 and the POD is how much I like the custom tone website.

Dutch said:

I have an odd feeling this is near the mark. :cry: :cry:

Glass half empty:

Looks like Lars needed info from Fractal in order to bring the Editor into compliance with the Axe, but Fractal for whatever reason was unwilling to provide the necessary proprietary info. Looks like Lars said "f it". Here are the presets, I am outta here". That would really suck if this is the case. If so, I hope Fractal has a proprietary editor up their sleeve.

Glass half full:

Or perhaps the MFC is near launch and Lars is revamping the web site to correspond with the launch of MFC & v 2.0 editor. :D :D

I dunno, Lars's absence from the boards and lack of response to the "thank you" thread doesn't look good. Also, the fact that the Axechange says "We're Closed" as opposed to "site under construction".

CrazyHeart said:

My Ultra is being delivered tomorrow.

I dont even know how to use the thing and I'm already bummed.

Do you think that people who have cool patches will be able to upload them as a service to their fellow Axe'rs or is it time to start from scratch?

Signed,

Complete Noob

There has been no confirmation on this subject so I wouldn't get to worried about it. V2 of the editor was in the works.
Maybe it's just under re-construction. If in fact it is no more i'm sure Fractal will come up with a replacement.
The Axe-PC is coming out and will use an editor type GUI. maybe something will be available for the Standard and Ultra with a similar function.
Lets wait and see what happens.

nextfoolmartyr said:
CrazyHeart said:

My Ultra is being delivered tomorrow.

I dont even know how to use the thing and I'm already bummed.

Do you think that people who have cool patches will be able to upload them as a service to their fellow Axe'rs or is it time to start from scratch?

Signed,

Complete Noob
I think the Axe-Fx community is quite strong and filled with some very intelligent people. Even if Lars has given away all his worldly possessions and joined a cult where they only beat on logs and chant for music the online community will evolve and find a way to exchange patches. As long as there's a way to save the sysex data from the axe as a self contained file we'll find a way to share them online. That's easy enough to build a database. Even if I have to build it myself in FileMaker Pro. I stick by my previous theory of cliff integrating the patch database into the fractalaudio.com domain so its just one site.

What concerns me is the future of the editor software. As I stated before access to a software based gui editor/patch manager (at least for me) is a deal breaker for a piece of hardware like the axe. It would be foolish for a company to purposely do away with one all together.

Did I predict this or what?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5614

"Lars has officially ended development of the editor and closed down the axechange.net site.

The good news is we've had our own editor in development for some time now and it's almost ready. It uses the same interface as Axe-PC and runs native machine code rather than Java so it should be much more stable and reliable. We hope to have it ready in a week or two.

I have the database for axechange.net and we're working on getting that back online."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom