What are your large venue setups?

Oddacious

We are going to be opening up for some nat'l bands in starting in a couple of months, and I've never played in a venue where everything was going FOH and house monitors. It looks like most of what we are going to be playing(new to this band) is going to be like this. I'm using an axfx3mk2 in front of a QSC2450 pushing a marshall MF400 cab at the moment. We play rock/metal. While the other guitarist will be mic'ing his tube half stack, I will probably use a cab block and send that directly from the axefx3 to the 2 mixers for FOH and stage monitors.

I'm feeling a little conflicted because my rig will really be just for me to hear myself when I'm in front of it, and practices. I'm starting to lean on the idea of scrapping the SSamp+412 cab and replacing with a FRFR on the stage in live performances as well as practices.

For those of you sending your guitar signal to FOH, what has worked out best for you?

IEMs, they’re industry standard. Stereo mix, consistent mix not dependent on your location relative to wedges, no need for live cabs & stage volume so no bleed into vocal mics, protects hearing, can hear click + talkbacks, etc.

IEMs, they’re industry standard. Stereo mix, consistent mix not dependent on your location relative to wedges, no need for live cabs & stage volume so no bleed into vocal mics, protects hearing, can hear click + talkbacks, etc.
So what would you use for practice?

So what would you use for practice?
Studio monitors at home, same speakers I use to monitor any other mic’d or recorded instrument and dial in guitar/bass/keys/etc sounds in a band mix. Production rehearsals are all IEMs, that’s where the IEM mixes are dialed in advance of whatever show/tour is coming up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom