What are you current and favourite guitar string manufacturers?

Elixir Optiwebs or D'Addario XS I think they are, the ones with the white packing. My sweat will wreak havoc on pretty much any other strings in a matter of a few days, so the strings I end up using being more expensive balances itself out since they just last that much longer.

I was here to say this. About 8 years ago, I had my local guitar shop run through all of my guitars for detailed set up (about 17 guitars and 2 basses) and he put Curt Mangan on all of them. They feel great and last forever.
Any suggestions on which Mangan's to try? I have various guitars strat and tele style, with HH, SSS and P90/S pickups. I don't play metal, and prefer warmer tones, but do play distorted, etc. at times.

My Buddy has been trying to get me to try Elixir strings and swears by them. I guess I'm going to have to pick up a few packs. I've been lucky i guess never had any issues with GHS strings.
I just play them into the ground at least until there dead anyway lol.

Newtone strings. A small UK company which makes strings to order, especially the round cored strings which I prefer. Sets cost a little more than the bulk suppliers, but they last longer, making them cost effective. They are also reliable. I’ve never had a rusty set, or one where the ball end unwinds, both of which problems I’ve had with Ernie Ball and D’Addario. Ordering direct from the manufacturer means no risk of counterfeits.

I’ve tried EB, Stringjoy, and GHS but keep coming back to D’Addarrio NYXL’s. I can start a show with new strings and they are stable right out of the gate.

Back
Top Bottom