What are you current and favourite guitar string manufacturers?

Elixir.

I can turn others strings into noodles in half an hour.

I can make about 7 shows with elixir.

I’m literally a rusting machine. lol.

Elixir, Ernie Ball, and Martin. I also like GHS, D’Addario, and PRS strings when the others are unavailable.

I switched to D'Addario for all strings about 10 years ago. Prior to that I was using GHS.
Years before I switched, I noticed small kinks, inconsistencies with slight corrosion or manufacturing defects on the plain strings, pack after pack!
Every time I open new strings, I run the entire string through my thumb and index finger to feel for anything unusual.

I have been very happy with D'Addario. I change my electric strings at about 3 month intervals, as I have several guitars I use.
Acoustic string get changed when they loose the top end.

Elixir Optiweb for my electrical guitars and Elixir Phophor Bronze for acoustic steel string guitar.
For my classical guitar D'addario Pro Arte nylon strings.

Reactions: Ole
D'Addario NYXL and XS Phosphor Bronze. If I'm storing a guitar for a while or playing gigs at the shore during August it's Elixir Optiweb. I also carry Elixir singles just in case I break a string (which is rarely as I change often).

NYXL
Was a DR fanatic for years until they seemed to be unable to get a set out with decent quality control.

I used to use Ernie balls, but after i developed a nickel allergy I started using Dangelico electrozinc strings that use a zinc alloy instead of nickel. They are a bit darker sounding though.
I also use Cleartone coated strings sometimes, since the coating helps avoid the nickel. I prefer the feel of those over elixirs.

Back
Top Bottom