What Amps In 6.0 Caused You To Time Warp?

Stratoblaster

Fractal Fanatic
Time warp meaning you were trying out different amps/cabs after the update, and the next thing you know it's 30+ minutes later and you're still jamming on the same amp cuz it's just doing it for you??

Mine was the Euro Blue with a 4x12 Basketweave G12M25 RW cab...I got the coolest 70's crunch tone out of that combo. That amp will likely be my 'crunch' amp in my setup now.

What personal gems (amp/cab combos) has anyone else found in 6.0 that made time and space fold for you :shock?

Time warp meaning you were trying out different amps/cabs after the update, and the next thing you know it's 30+ minutes later and you're still jamming on the same amp cuz it's just doing it for you??

Mine was the Euro Blue with a 4x12 Basketweave G12M25 RW cab...I got the coolest 70's crunch tone out of that combo. That amp will likely be my 'crunch' amp in my setup now.

What personal gems (amp/cab combos) has anyone else found in 6.0 that made time and space fold for you :shock?

same with me: Euro Blue with stereo cab, no mics (OH + JM IR); i already used the blue as my crunch amp, now it's ....better :D

Because of the "sizzle and boom" and the wheel skipping 3 presets now, I've never gotten so quickly through the presets... :mrgreen

The Hiwatt, AC30TB, Plexi Treble, and the Twin Reverb have caused this phenomenon for me so far.

Blankenship Leeds, 1987, Hiwatt, Brit Brown :) these kept me busy the entire night after updating, didn't get around to my pre 6.0 favourites such as the Euro Blue :) The amps and the amp/cab combination sound so much better in v 6., and I had such high expectations!

Euro Uber..

for my tastes, 6.0 gives in one hand and takes from the other...

pre-6.0 I really liked the 6160 and Das Metal
now they have this fizz that I'm struggling to dial out..

Phew .... thought I was about to be subjected to a pic of Stratoblaster in fishnets and high heels ....

I would have purchased the Axe just for the Marshalls (including the Blankenship Leeds, which I've fallen in love with) :) I'm still not convinced about the Voxes, though... never seemd to work for me in the Ultra or in the Axe 2 pre 6.0 -- after 6.0 they are significantly better IMHO, but still... May have to work on them, though. I'm curious as to what some may come up with using tone match with a Vox, though.

TX Lonestar (specifically in the Elegant Gypsy patch)... it was in 5.07 but I'd never gotten around to it till yesterday.

And the Vox 15W!!!! I didn't like any of the Voxes until 6.0... Now they sound fantastic to me.

Plexi Normal with H30 cab has the tone I've always wanted and expected for that amp--it's the tone inside my head.

Also having too much fun with the Eruption patch (NOT that I can play Eruption).

The last two days I wanted to try tonematching and load some of my v.5 presets.... no chance!
I´m only playing various factory presets and get time warped by this black box!
Had lots of fun with the FAS-models today...but all of it is great!!

Thanks Cliff, thanks FAS....you rock! :twisted

Euro Uber..

for my tastes, 6.0 gives in one hand and takes from the other...

pre-6.0 I really liked the 6160 and Das Metal
now they have this fizz that I'm struggling to dial out..

I think I'm starting to find what I'm looking for now....
just took a little experimentation...
relieved.. and quite excited too now..

The new ODS 100 Lead, JVM OD1, and Hiwatt have really kept me flipping back to them. I feel some preset switching coming in my stage setup... The Shiva Lead gets an easy honorable mention too.

Back
Top Bottom