Whammy help needed

mark12ax7

I am working on the song blue orchid by the White stripes I've never used the whammy before and have no idea how to set it up any help would be appreciated. I have a good Fuzz tone going but have tried adding a pitch block and it has not gone well. Thanks in advance!

I'm not familiar with the song you want to play but here's some advice. First of all, the place where you put the whammy effect in the signal chain will have a huge impact on the final sound. The way i use it all the time is before the amp and drive blocks as i want the signal to be pitch-shifted before being processed. After that, knowing what you need, use classic or advanced whammy and assign your external expression pedal to control the needed parameter (control)

I am working on the song blue orchid by the White stripes I've never used the whammy before and have no idea how to set it up any help would be appreciated. I have a good Fuzz tone going but have tried adding a pitch block and it has not gone well. Thanks in advance!

If you have a friend with an Axe-Fx you could ask him. Maybe someone who lives and works locally and maybe even attends your church too. I'm sure he'd be happy to help with the setup and talk tone.
Another option is to just wait for him to read your thread on the forum and then he'll email you or mention it the next time you guys talk. :)

If you have a friend with an Axe-Fx you could ask him. Maybe someone who lives and works locally and maybe even attends your church too. I'm sure he'd be happy to help with the setup and talk tone.
Another option is to just wait for him to read your thread on the forum and then he'll email you or mention it the next time you guys talk. :)

That sounds like a great idea!

Where exactly in that song do you hear a whammy? I don't hear it. I only hear some octave effect but no whammy. Just use the +12 of the pitch shift block and place it before or after the fuzz to your own taste (not after cab block).

Setting up a whammy is very simple and basic stuff just check the above video or the manual.

Back
Top Bottom