well done Cliff on the new presence modeling

I didn't realize I was missing anything, until I heard what it did to all my patches !

Agreed, this is a giant leap forward IMO as I've always been disappointed in all modelers with regards to their "transient off the pick" response, and now the Axe is sounding very good in this regard!

Congrats!

To my ears, the new Presence actually sounds very close to how it did (and does) in active mode (I'm assuming that only the passive Presence is what has changed - I sent a PM to Cliff asking though). Before, passive and active sounded very different, but now there is just a slight difference. Passive now seems a little more "full" sounding. Maybe a touch more low mids and "rounder" than the same patch with the same Presence settings, but in active mode.

I've always used it in active mode, but I think I am liking how it sounds in passive a little bit more now.

Agree with everyone, the presence modeling update is HUGE. The one thing I thought was missing compared to the real amps was that chime/bite/top end complexity whatever ya wanna call it, and it is there now, in spades.

Everything sounds very in your face, present, and alive.

Well done Mr. Chase, and thank you.

Oh, and the re-worked Uber kicks ass, as does the Marsha.

Thumbs up from me too! TBH I never liked the previous presence knob and I always had it at 12 o'clock. This presence knob sounds the way it's supposed to sound and makes a tweakers life much easier. And I LOOOVE the new Über. The previous one was maybe overly scooped but this one has more balls than any other sim. I'm sure there'll be a bunch of people whining about how they liked the previous one too and want it back. :D

The shiva clean is really good... just what the Axe was needing. Well ofcourse you could EQ something like that from the Fenders but why bother doing that. I don't really care for overdrive tones so I can't judge the other sims. Great job once again!

Back
Top Bottom