Weird Scenes Problem

blackmoreguitar

Experienced
I am hoping someone can help with the following, as I have no idea what is going on; I am using a patch with scenes as a general purpose patch. The patch defaults to scene 1 which is a clean sound. Initially scene 1 is quite loud. If I then go to a different scene, and then reselect scene 1, then scene 1 will be much quieter than it was to start with. The patch is, or was, one from Fremens preset pack, (highly recommended). I have messed with it a lot: added an fx loop block, added in a volume block, reset the amp block etc. and it didn't do this when I first downloaded it so I'm sure it must be something I have done! The patch is attached. Any help to find out what is going on would be very much appreciated

Attachments

• Friedman HBE 5sc.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
when you load the preset, the INPUT TRIM is at 1.000. but you have Scene Controller 1 trying to set it to .4. so the initial load of the preset doesn't have your intended value.

in the Modifier menu for Input Trim, turn PC RESET off.

I downloaded this as looked at it with FracTool since I don't have an AX-8.

As far as I can see, the problem may be the Delay block in parallel. You have it disabled in Scene 1 BUT it is using the Y state where as the other scenes use X. In the Y state, the Gain is set to 48.82% where as in the X state it is 15%.

Since the Bypass mode is Mute FX In, I think that dry signal will still pass through this block. Being that is is parallel, this incurs a 6dB increase in level.

Try setting Delay in Scene 1 to be X instead of Y.

No idea why the volume would change to be lower when you revert back to Scene 1.

Hopefully this helps?

EDIT: disregard - looks like Chris found it it. I don't think FracTool shows me the modifiers...

Thanks guys for the responses; I love this place. I set the scene modifiers to PC reset off as Chris suggested and this seems to have cured it. @unix-guy, thanks for looking; I will certainly have a look at the delay settings and bypass modes. The delay on scene 1 is only used on one song and hasn't been an issue when engaged; it is usually off. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom