Want to go wireless, any suggestions?

joetdc

Hey everybody! I have an 18 month old who stays out of trouble but I still have to keep on eye on while she roams around the house. I though this would be a good time to sneak some practice in. Can anybody recommend the best wireless system with headphones for my guitar and axe fx. I would like a long range and of course the best sound quality.

You say "the best" twice. Do you really mean the top of the line most expensive options available or do you mean best bang for the buck with pretty darn good performance? How much do you want to spend?

Two to at least consider and a place to start.
For guitar to Axe... Brace Audio DWG1000
For Axe to headphones... Carvin EM900

- John

My mistake, the line is for guitar to axe. I would like to keep the wireless headphones under 300 if that is possible without losing too much sound quality.

joetdc said:
My mistake, the line is for guitar to axe. I would like to keep the wireless headphones under 300 if that is possible without losing too much sound quality.
You could technically use the Line 6 G30 for any headphones you already have...

the carvin em900 wireless ear monitors cant be beat for the money, nearest competitor is sennheiser, and it's about double the price. you will need different buds... you'll need different buds with any of them actually, most are not very good.

i have an x2 rack and it's great, little bit of a battery hog, but it's not going to break the bank. i think people make a big deal out of the littlest things...

> the carvin em900 wireless ear monitors cant be beat for the money

I totally agree! We are very impressed with the units we have. We have directly compared them to the $600 range Sennheiser and Shure units and there is no question the Carvin system is every bit as good if not better.

- John

I had the Carvin unit for awhile. It was a great deal for the money but I ended up sending it back and getting a Mipro MI 808. Excellent unit with a true diversity receiver and comparable to Sennheiser but with less dropouts. I use it wth my X2 guitar wireless when I want to wander untethered. It's great combination for stage or quiet practice.

+1 to Mo. The new Line 6 units have been getting enormous praise, and deservedly so, IMO.

This is my first documented GAS for a Line 6 product, coincidentally. I never thought the day would come. :lol:

FreaqyFrequency said:
+1 to Mo. The new Line 6 units have been getting enormous praise, and deservedly so, IMO.

This is my first documented GAS for a Line 6 product, coincidentally. I never thought the day would come. :lol:

We're GASing for this because technically they didn't create it!!! They just bought the company that actually developed it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stringtheorist said:
I've just bought this (not received it yet though, so can't comment):
http://www.mtraudio.com/stageclix.htm

From what I've read it seems to be almost an identical technology to what Line 6 has done with the Relay so it's gonna be great.

The carvin em900 are 800.00 at Carvin. Does anybody know where I can get them cheaper?
DWG1000 are 145.00 line 6 starst at 300.00 Is line 6 woth it?

dpeterson said:
the carvin em900 wireless ear monitors cant be beat for the money, nearest competitor is sennheiser, and it's about double the price. you will need different buds... you'll need different buds with any of them actually, most are not very good.

i have an x2 rack and it's great, little bit of a battery hog, but it's not going to break the bank. i think people make a big deal out of the littlest things...
I use an X2, and I've got a G50 on order.

My X2 rack unit sometimes can't make it through a 4-5 set gig without a battery replacement. To a gigging musician, without an onstage guitar tech, this is a big deal.

I've heard the G50 is better with batteries, so we'll see when it gets here. I do like that it uses AAs instead of 9v batts.

gag halfrunt said:
I use an X2, and I've got a G50 on order.

My X2 rack unit sometimes can't make it through a 4-5 set gig without a battery replacement. To a gigging musician, without an onstage guitar tech, this is a big deal.

I've heard the G50 is better with batteries, so we'll see when it gets here. I do like that it uses AAs instead of 9v batts.

well that explains it for me then, we at most do 3 1 hour set gigs here, and i have about 1/4 of battery left.. so it hasnt bothered me. 5 sets? wow. the new one used AA's right?

Back
Top Bottom