Waitlist Email

How bizarre that you posted this just now, just a day after a customer in support said to me "It's got a magic little difference, but that 5% is 100% of what I am listening for!"

Was it you?
No, not me - I don't have my FM9 yet, hoping it'll be here by the end of August, so I actually haven't heard one in person yet, except for at gigs. That's what I'm looking for, though...that extra 5% that I've seen people in here talk about.

the wait will be worth it! I can’t compare to the helix but I have helix native and an hx stomp and I’ve built comparable presets (Mesa lone star based) and I gravitate to the FM9. They both sound great but there’s something I can’t quite put into words about fractal… I just like how it sounds a bit better. You’ll love it!
I bought an HX Stomp XL recently to have a bass rig and a backup guitar rig, in case anything happens to my FM9. (Since its is so hard to get a Fractal.) I am still learning the HX Stomp ecosystem but the HX Stomp (Helix) is worlds apart from my FM9. It could be that I am just used to the smoothness of FAS, but yeah, not impressed so far. I put an OD pedal in front and a Specular Tempus delay/reverb unit at the end, and still doesn't compete. When I first plugged in, I was WTH. Seems like a toy in comparison. (I do need more time with it.)

The FM9 is twice the price, but everyone says the HX Stomp is the same amps and cabs as the Helix line, so I was expecting more. I am only commenting to say, yes I agree - the Fractal is well worth the wait. For now, I guess my HX Stomp will be my bass rig, but it really can't compete with my FM9.

I bought an HX Stomp XL recently to have a bass rig and a backup guitar rig, in case anything happens to my FM9. (Since its is so hard to get a Fractal.) I am still learning the HX Stomp ecosystem but the HX Stomp (Helix) is worlds apart from my FM9. It could be that I am just used to the smoothness of FAS, but yeah, not impressed so far. I put an OD pedal in front and a Specular Tempus delay/reverb unit at the end, and still doesn't compete. When I first plugged in, I was WTH. Seems like a toy in comparison. (I do need more time with it.)

The FM9 is twice the price, but everyone says the HX Stomp is the same amps and cabs as the Helix line, so I was expecting more. I am only commenting to say, yes I agree - the Fractal is well worth the wait. For now, I guess my HX Stomp will be my bass rig, but it really can't compete with my FM9.

I'm coming from the Axe FX II. Would you say there is an even bigger difference between the Axe FX II and FM9, than there is between the HX Stomp and FM9?

I'm coming from the Axe FX II. Would you say there is an even bigger difference between the Axe FX II and FM9, than there is between the HX Stomp and FM9?
I would not think so bc you are going from fractal to fractal. I don't own an AXE so I can't say for sure. I loved my FM3 and now my FM9. (I sold the FM3 to be able to get the FM9)

Anyone moving from HX and Helix would probably LOVE fractal. The HX Stomp is ok, but I freaking LOVE the FM9. Not even close.

I’m coming from a helix that I didn’t come close to maxing out the potential. Just got my fm9 a month ago. Here’s just a few of my first impressions.

FM9 is smaller and much lighter. Not sure if it’s because it’s lighter but FM9 seems sturdier. I think FM9 has better quality connectors. The scribble strips on helix seem bigger.

The Marshall and mesa sounds are significantly better on fractal. I haven’t had a chance to try very many but I suspect that across the board the modeling is noticeable better. There are some great amp modes in helix though that I think would fit in if they were on fractal- the rockerverb,placater dirty, revv purple. There’s so much more flexibility and control on fractal. more layout options, grid layout allpws
For more creativity than the continuous path of helix. control options like modifiers,LFOs,sequencers- as far as I’m aware there’s nothing like this on helix.

There are some great amp modes in helix though that I think would fit in if they were on fractal- the rockerverb,placater dirty, revv purple. There’s so much more flexibility and control on fractal. more layout options, grid layout allpws
There's already models of the Rockerverb (for ages) and Revv amps (new)... No idea what "placater dirty" is.

There's already models of the Rockerverb (for ages) and Revv amps (new)... No idea what "placater dirty" is.
I know. I’m just saying that those are some good helix models and was making the contrast between the fractals Marshall and mesa which are significantly better sounding than helix’s. I’m sure there are plenty of others but I’m just getting started.

This Friday, we'll send a few special "catch up" and artist invitations.
Then, FM9 invitations are expected to begin going out again in full "batches" beginning Monday, Aug 21.
been months waiting for an ev2 update. anything you can share? thanks.

I know. I’m just saying that those are some good helix models and was making the contrast between the fractals Marshall and mesa which are significantly better sounding than helix’s. I’m sure there are plenty of others but I’m just getting started.
I'm not following you... You said "if they were on the Fractal".

quite sure admin would have seen my posts by now. no intent on harassing and didnt see the need to start another thread as i was once on the waitlist for my fm9 and had seen other posts here on the ev2. thanks

Back
Top Bottom