Waitlist Email

I sent the email to get on the waitlist. Should I have received a reply email verifying I’m now on the waitlist? I checked my spam/junk folder.

I sent the email to get on the waitlist. Should I have received a reply email verifying I’m now on the waitlist? I checked my spam/junk folder.
The reply is automatically sent upon receipt of your request for an invitation.

Because it comes from a mail list server some mail hosts flag it as “bulk” mail, or worse as spam or junk. Once that happens the mail might be delivered or it might drop into a black hole and not be delivered to your email app, or it can end up in your deleted, junk, or spam mail on your computer if there’s a filter in your mail app.

I recommend setting up a filter on your app to raise an alert when messages are delivered with a “from” or “reply-to” that ends with @fractalaudio.com, and redirect the message to a separate folder on your computer, and make it first in the filter processing so it gets to see what is coming in first. That seems to always catch everything I get from Fractal.

If you can’t find the RSVP message, you can contact Fractal sales directly and they can check the queue and tell you if you are on the list. They can’t tell you your position in the list or an estimated date for your invitation but at least you’ll know that they got it.

The reply is automatically sent upon receipt of your request for an invitation.

Because it comes from a mail list server some mail hosts flag it as “bulk” mail, or worse as spam or junk. Once that happens the mail might be delivered or it might drop into a black hole and not be delivered to your email app, or it can end up in your deleted, junk, or spam mail on your computer if there’s a filter in your mail app.

I recommend setting up a filter on your app to raise an alert when messages are delivered with a “from” or “reply-to” that ends with @fractalaudio.com, and redirect the message to a separate folder on your computer, and make it first in the filter processing so it gets to see what is coming in first. That seems to always catch everything I get from Fractal.

If you can’t find the RSVP message, you can contact Fractal sales directly and they can check the queue and tell you if you are on the list. They can’t tell you your position in the list or an estimated date for your invitation but at least you’ll know that they got it.
It’s been a couple of days. I’ll email sales tomorrow if nothing shows up. Thanks for the great info!

My name has come up on the waiting list (through Independent Music, in Australia)! I purchased it as soon as I was notified, now it's just a matter of waiting for the shipment to arrive.

I sold my Helix recently, before being notified - kind of wish I'd held onto it, so I could do a side-by-side comparison, but such is life. I'm just glad it's going to be replaced so quickly.

Hey everyone

Love all the info.. thanks. Seems like it's an ebb and flow to the waitlist durations. I'm still using an old Axe FX ultra and Skrydstrup SC1. Just got on the waitlist for the FM9 July 11th. Let the patient waiting begin :tearsofjoy:

My next big guitar purchase will likely come with free divorce papers. Might be worth it.....
Having gone through 2 divorces, I can say with confidence the papers only look free. My last divorce resulted in the loss of most of my guitars, my AX2, and a pair of QSC K12s, amongst other things. In hindsight, it was still worth it, so I agree with you on that point.

• Wow
Reactions: rog
I still have a Helix, and also a III and FM3. Waiting for my FM9 invite. I have a library of tones on the Helix that I'm not quite ready to completely re-engineer so the answer was to tone match the Helix tones. All of the tones I'm interested in use the same amp and 2-3 cabs across them, so it was easy. Load up the same amp in the III and Helix and live match the tone, export it to a user cab slot, and away we go. The results are identical, with maybe a bit of an edge on the Fractal side for volume knob response. The tone match feature was a great way to ease myself into the transition without a bunch of fuss.

Anyway, the takeaway here for you is that the side by side comparison can be just as good and even better. You won't be able to tone match on the FM9, but maybe it eases your mind a bit to know that you won't miss much. That said, I'm holding on to my Helix a while longer until I can rebuild all my patches at least, and then I'll use those exported tone match user cabs on the FM9 and FM3 also until I'm brave enough to move on with Dynacabs.
I've been watching Cooper Carters course on the FM9, and it looks like the patch building process is different enough so I'm actually glad I'll be without it for the next few weeks, so I get out of the mental mindset of the Helix way of building. And I'm fine with building up all new presets - I get tired of presets all the time, and build new ones anyways. For me, it mainly would have been about comparing sounds, to see firsthand, without bias, if one has a big advantage over the other.

Honestly, I build patches on both units very much the same way. In large part due to concepts from Cooper’s courses.

I’d say both units have their strong and less strong points, and are more similar than different. Nothing wrong with either. If you liked your Helix you’ll like the FM9 as good or better.
Loved my Helix! I was sad to see it go, but I've been wanting to try the Fractal stuff out for a while, and a friend of a friend made a good offer, so seemed like a good time to let it go.

That said, I'm sure I'll love the FM9 - I'm really looking forward to the form factor (I had the Helix Rack, and sometimes it felt like a bit much, in terms of physical hardware), and hoping that what I've read about the Fractal stuff being a little more true to the amp that it's representing in terms of how turning each dial affects the tone is a real thing.

And, you know. It's new, it's different, I'm going to have fun learning how to use it. I'm going to make a real effort to not connect it to the laptop for a while, to really force myself to learn to use the screen. And the options for navigating the footswitches look brilliant. Can't wait to dig in.

I've checked the Independent Music order page about 50 times, to see if they've received and shipped them yet. I'm tempted to tell them I'll just come by and pick it up...Brisbane is only 2 hours away, and then I wouldn't have to keep looking at the post tracking. ;-)

Loved my Helix! I was sad to see it go, but I've been wanting to try the Fractal stuff out for a while, and a friend of a friend made a good offer, so seemed like a good time to let it go.

That said, I'm sure I'll love the FM9 - I'm really looking forward to the form factor (I had the Helix Rack, and sometimes it felt like a bit much, in terms of physical hardware), and hoping that what I've read about the Fractal stuff being a little more true to the amp that it's representing in terms of how turning each dial affects the tone is a real thing.

And, you know. It's new, it's different, I'm going to have fun learning how to use it. I'm going to make a real effort to not connect it to the laptop for a while, to really force myself to learn to use the screen. And the options for navigating the footswitches look brilliant. Can't wait to dig in.

I've checked the Independent Music order page about 50 times, to see if they've received and shipped them yet. I'm tempted to tell them I'll just come by and pick it up...Brisbane is only 2 hours away, and then I wouldn't have to keep looking at the post tracking. ;-)
the wait will be worth it! I can’t compare to the helix but I have helix native and an hx stomp and I’ve built comparable presets (Mesa lone star based) and I gravitate to the FM9. They both sound great but there’s something I can’t quite put into words about fractal… I just like how it sounds a bit better. You’ll love it!

the wait will be worth it! I can’t compare to the helix but I have helix native and an hx stomp and I’ve built comparable presets (Mesa lone star based) and I gravitate to the FM9. They both sound great but there’s something I can’t quite put into words about fractal… I just like how it sounds a bit better. You’ll love it!
Yeah, one thing I've seen a bunch of people say on this forum is, it gives you 5% more, some intangible quality...can't wait to see if that's true to my ear.

Yeah, one thing I've seen a bunch of people say on this forum is, it gives you 5% more, some intangible quality...can't wait to see if that's true to my ear.
How bizarre that you posted this just now, just a day after a customer in support said to me "It's got a magic little difference, but that 5% is 100% of what I am listening for!"

Was it you?

Back
Top Bottom