Waitlist Email

I saw my name on there and found my email acknowledgment about getting on the list. I was accepted in Nov 2021. I couldn't remember LOL. It will probably be a long wait after Nov. I officially retire in Jan 2023 .. so this may be a nice retirement gift to myself, as I enter a new season of gigging.
From playing guitar or your career? Congratulations on your retirement. I’m retiring officially June 2024 but will stop working in March.

From playing guitar or your career? Congratulations on your retirement. I’m retiring officially June 2024 but will stop working in March.
Hi Bruce, thank you. I am not a pro / touring guitarist. I work as an musical director for a church, teach lessons and gig. My music is my sole source of income. I plan on drawing SS next Jan. So I can cut back on teaching. But I'll never stop gigging. I will just be able to have some financial breathing room. And I am intentionally focusing on my three granddaughters too. I stopped working at a regular job back in 1999. Made music my sole income. I am blessed that I am able to do this.

Hi Bruce, thank you. I am not a pro / touring guitarist. I work as an musical director for a church, teach lessons and gig. My music is my sole source of income. I plan on drawing SS next Jan. So I can cut back on teaching. But I'll never stop gigging. I will just be able to have some financial breathing room. And I am intentionally focusing on my three granddaughters too. I stopped working at a regular job back in 1999. Made music my sole income. I am blessed that I am able to do this.
That tip jar living ain’t easy, my friend (my country band has a song Only Road for Me about exactly that). Blessings on your retirement and best of luck in your future plans.

...got my FM9 waitlist confirmation at 8:30AM on 08/28/2021, ...guess I'm one of the 32. 🙏
Thanks Strum, that's big movement for us here.
Understandably we are dealing with Fractal having to gauge cancelled requests, requests not ready to order and
If I walked into a bank and just because of who I am they’re throwing stacks of 100 dollar bills and kilos of blow at me, you’d better be damn sure I would want to be on the VERY short list for an fm9.

If that happens you may want to switch to a more reputable financial institution. Just sayin'

I saw my name on there and found my email acknowledgment about getting on the list. I was accepted in Nov 2021. I couldn't remember LOL. It will probably be a long wait after Nov. I officially retire in Jan 2023 .. so this may be a nice retirement gift to myself, as I enter a new season of gigging.

Hi @Hotraman will you be at full retirement age to collect SS? If not, are you aware of the decrease in payment for every year you are not at full retirement age? That is something my wife and I are looking at for the future.

Hi @Hotraman will you be at full retirement age to collect SS? If not, are you aware of the decrease in payment for every year you are not at full retirement age? That is something my wife and I are looking at for the future.
62 is the earliest right? 67 is full according to my statements. I’ll probably take what I can get at 62. No one is promised tomorrow and I want something from these bloodsuckers.

62 is the earliest right? 67 is full according to my statements. I’ll probably take what I can get at 62. No one is promised tomorrow and I want something from these bloodsuckers.

Looks like 62 is the minimum age to start collecting SS.
I was told for each year you collect early, it is about an 8% decrease in you payments.
So if retirement age was 67 and you started collecting at 62, that will be a serious reduction.
Every person has a different need, want, plan, so there are no wrong decisions when we are fully informed.
And yes, we don't know what tomorrow holds, if we will even wake up tomorrow!

https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/retirement/planner/agereduction.html

Yes ... I didn't want to wait until 70. I'm starting at 66.4 years.

Heh. Starting early next year at age 67.5. By waiting until then I get an extra couple hundred a month. Plus my 401K, which has taken a hit due to the &$#$%&@!! stock market. No more design engineering for me, except for some small audio stuff like pedals and amps, most I am willing to do is to work P/T repairing amps etc at a friend's music shop. And, of course, gig as long as I am able to do so. My FM3 (and hopefully soon an FM9 as well, waitlist confirmed 9/2/21!) will figure prominently in that endeavor. Cannot wait to get out of the ratrace!

Retiring in a year and a half from a 23 year civil service career. I’ll be 50. I just want to say I feel excited, thrilled and terrified all at the same time. Not knowing exactly what the future will bring 10 states away, but this is happening.

Retiring in a year and a half from a 23 year civil service career. I’ll be 50. I just want to say I feel excited, thrilled and terrified all at the same time. Not knowing exactly what the future will bring 10 states away, but this is happening.

50?? That's way too damn early to go to Florida and get all leathered up on the Golf Course. ;)

Back
Top Bottom