Waitlist Email

Wow, to continue the conversation of people getting on the waitlist and then not purchasing the unit, there are 3 people on the gear page thread that received an invitation to purchase and they are saying they are on the fence about it. One is definitely about money. I guess I just think different than this...

Edit: And another one that is in the list that may not buy it if he can't get the money together before his name comes up... Maybe I am the odd thinker on this one. It is definitely common to get on the list with not having anything thought out.
Can see how this would be an issue with some.
I think the invite should have a button for those who want to pass the opportunity. And to be limited for two days.
Or, simply reply to the invitation email with a thank you, but have chosen not to buy at this time. That would allow the waiting list to move forward.

Can see how this would be an issue with some.

Or, simply reply to the invitation email with a thank you, but have chosen not to buy at this time. That would allow the waiting list to move forward.
I believe That’s what they ask on the email. Just to give a courtesy if you intend to buy or not. This way they can offer it to the next person that may be ready to purchase. I think it’s cool that they give us this option. The ax8 was quite a wait, so was the fm3. With both I didn’t have the cash ready. When my my name popped up I did and purchased.

To me fractal’s doing it right. Here’s to all of us receiving our units sooner than later 🙌🏼

I imagine that if FAS had a problem with their waitlist model due to participants not being ready to purchase, they could always just move to a pre-order model with a deposit/full payment up front.

So after 3 weeks we are at the 11th minute. I’m 4:47 hours after waitlist start, it could be 6 months.
That's not exactly how that works (in your favor or otherwise).

Have to consider an unknown number of VIP/Artist units that went out before/during those 11 minutes. Also, not sure if international distributors get units allocated to them separate from the domestic waitlist once it rolls out internationally.

Regardless - fingers crossed that the supply keeps moving as fast as reasonably possible.

I believe That’s what they ask on the email. Just to give a courtesy if you intend to buy or not. This way they can offer it to the next person that may be ready to purchase. I think it’s cool that they give us this option. The ax8 was quite a wait, so was the fm3. With both I didn’t have the cash ready. When my my name popped up I did and purchased.

To me fractal’s doing it right. Here’s to all of us receiving our units sooner than later 🙌🏼

Fractal invitations actually don’t ask ask that. They say:

“Your invitation link does not technically expire, but supplies are limited so please don't delay.”

IIRC. :)

Fractal invitations actually don’t ask ask that. They say:

“Your invitation link does not technically expire, but supplies are limited so please don't delay.”

IIRC. :)
So how does that work? They have 500 units and they send a 1,000 invitations? Or stop inviting at 500? I mean the invitations are in correlation to inventory otherwise we would all get invitations.

I imagine that if FAS had a problem with their waitlist model due to participants not being ready to purchase, they could always just move to a pre-order model with a deposit/full payment up front.

Exceptionally unlikely imo. That would pretty much require a fairly specific release date. The way the QC preorders, delays, and subsequent complaints (even though the delays were pretty reasonable even if there hadn’t been a global pandemic) are a decent indication that that model is even less desirable.

So how does that work? They have 500 units and they send a 1,000 invitations? Or stop inviting at 500? I mean the invitations are in correlation to inventory otherwise we would all get invitations.

Only Fractal folks know for sure.

(CAUTION: Wild speculation follows)

Maybe they trickle out invitations over time. By the time they’re in the middle of the list and a couple weeks have passed they likely have a fair idea how many of the earlier invitations will turn into orders. This way they can keep trickling out invitations until they’re very nearly out of stock. At some point they’ll either be out of stock (at which point they can reply to someone trying to accept their invitation with, “sorry we’re currently out of stock but will add you to the top of the list when we get new stock.”) or they’ll actually receive more stock.

IDK. Just speculating obviously. Bottom line…I’m sure they have a system worked out. ;)

Exceptionally unlikely imo. That would pretty much require a fairly specific release date. The way the QC preorders, delays, and subsequent complaints (even though the delays were pretty reasonable even if there hadn’t been a global pandemic) are a decent indication that that model is even less desirable.
Agreed - not suggesting they should, but just pointing out that it's not realistic to expect people to have payment ready just because they got in line.

The only thing in red letters in any of the invitations I've received is:

Please read ALL of the important details below before ordering.

Snippets of invites include:

"Supplies are extremely limited so please don't delay your order. If, when you are ready to purchase, the Axe-Fx III appears out of stock, you may be required to rejoin the wait list. It's important to act on this invitation as quickly as possible."

"The link below does not expire, but supplies are limited so do not delay your order."

"Please don't delay your order or you may find we've had to pass your invitation on to another customer."

Clearly, the message will depend on the situation.

Honestly, I was surprised to see a 1:14 confirmation get an invite today!

1631746269813.png

Back
Top Bottom