Wah...Wah...What The!??

Perdikament

Power User
Ever have this happen to ya?
I had just finished adjusting my monitors by lowering them a bit.
Sit down, pick up my guitar, start playing & the tone is way different. I'm thinking at first, there is no freaking way it could make this much difference, everything sounds like shit.
Ha, the Wah was on.
Durrrrr:eek::rolleyes::p

Been there, done that. Even more embarrasing: I once did the same thing with the whammy, and thought there was som sort of ringmodulator engaged as this create very spaced out harmonics ;)

Or your tone knob not at max...
Or your volume pedal at 75% (yeah last night at rehearsal)...
Or the pickup selector got knocked...
Or the cable is not seated in the jack correctly...

That's happened to me a few times. I use a Music Man JP15 for gigs and one time I couldn't quite figure out why the sound was way different and a lot louder than normal. It turned out I'd knocked my Piezo switch and it was on the whole time. It took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on. Right in the middle of soundcheck as well I felt so stupid! lol

I've had a couple of soundchecks where I spent 5 minutes trying to figure out why I wasn't getting signal to the mixer only to discover the volume pedal had been off the whole time. First time it happened (not long after I got my Axe-Fx), I ran home and picked up my backup...an old POD XT Live. These days, at the first sign of any audio trouble by anyone on stage, all of my bandmates say "Is your volume pedal on?"

Happens to te best of us...

I often use a auto engage wah then switch scenes and the wah is on with the previous scene because I didn't return it to zero properly before switching

Ever have this happen to ya?
I had just finished adjusting my monitors by lowering them a bit.
Sit down, pick up my guitar, start playing & the tone is way different. I'm thinking at first, there is no freaking way it could make this much difference, everything sounds like shit.
Ha, the Wah was on.
Durrrrr:eek::rolleyes::p
Unfortunately that has only happened to me live a few times in front of lots of people :-(

Good ones guys ;) As a kid I once saw Scorpions live at Skaderborg festival back in the mid nineties, where the sound went out on one of the guitars. I s**t you not, it was only AFTER switching the amp on stage, the guitarplayer's face turned red, as he slooooowly turned up the volume knob on the guitar itself :p

Or your tone knob not at max...
Or your volume pedal at 75% (yeah last night at rehearsal)...
Or the pickup selector got knocked...
Or the cable is not seated in the jack correctly...
This. Took my nr1 to a guitar shop to try out another guitar and was baffled at the dark muffled tone of my own. Came back home and set out to disassemble it. I had opened it up and was checking connections when I found the pot wasn't full open... I never used it anyway and had actually been wondering about the dark tone for a while already. Considered new pickups. Disconnected it there and then and never had one connected again. All my tone knobs are disguised coil tap switches.

But the wah happened to me too.

I had once changed the AxeFx output level, output block. That is scene dependant. I had forgotten and adjusted the amp block level back. Suddenly all my other scenes were way too loud... Took me a while to figure that one out.

I set up at a practice a few weeks ago... couldn't figure out why I had no signal through the AXE.... just this weird whispy little hint of something very wrong. I rechecked all connections... looked ok... again... still ok.... third time was a charm - I had plugged the guitar cable into the front panel headphone jack instead of the instrument jack.
D'OH!!!

Back
Top Bottom