Wah, momentary audio drop out ?

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
Hi,
Wondering if I can get some help please. I have a Dunlop Volume (X) mini configured for EXP pedal, and hooked up via TRS to the FM3. I have calibrated the pedal all good.

I have a Wah block configured for OFF, on heel down, and auto engage. It wiorks as a WAH.....but as I approach heel DOWN to turn off the WAH, i get a momentary complete audio drop out. Here is a picture of the controller settings. any ideas what is wrong ?
Thanks.

1678818408093.png

Hi Rex, so the Start and End should be reversed ? This is a Heel down= OFF set up.
thx !
Correct. Set Start to 0.0%, End to 100% and the Off Value for Auto Engage set to 5.0% for heel down bypass. The 95% setting is typically used for toe down bypass with the other settings at default.

Thanks, made that change,,,actually had to make a polarity change the EXP pedal ih set up for it to work.
Now the issue is, it is calibrated.......but the sweep of the footswitch is jumpy....jumps to end point to quick with small foot movements. Is dampening the fix here ?
thanks

PARAGON Wah....still cuts out sound, momentary silence.....as it approaches OFF, heel down.
If I select any other wah type in my patch it does NOT do this....
any ideas >? Love to be able to use this Paragon Preset attached, please try scene 2 for
wah

Adding I am on 6.02 beta 1, and new Edit, and did a refresh.......but this was happening before this beta, thx.

Attachments

• E S LIVE 2023 !.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thanks, made that change,,,actually had to make a polarity change the EXP pedal ih set up for it to work.
Now the issue is, it is calibrated.......but the sweep of the footswitch is jumpy....jumps to end point to quick with small foot movements. Is dampening the fix here ?
thanks
Which expression pedal are you using, and have you tried a different TRS cable? I tried the wah in your preset with a Mission SP-2 as well as a Dunlop DVP3 and experienced no jumpiness in the sweep with either pedal. Changing the Control Taper from 'Linear' to 'Log 30A' provided more control but that could just be personal preference.

PARAGON Wah....still cuts out sound, momentary silence.....as it approaches OFF, heel down.
If I select any other wah type in my patch it does NOT do this....
any ideas >? Love to be able to use this Paragon Preset attached, please try scene 2 for
wah

Adding I am on 6.02 beta 1, and new Edit, and did a refresh.......but this was happening before this beta, thx.
The Paragon wah model is much darker at the bottom end of the sweep than any of the other models and could seem like the sound cuts out before bypassing. Even with the Frequency Min set to the max value of '1000 Hz', it's still very dark. Increasing the Start parameter in the modifier page can help in reducing this effect.

On another note, I've found the 'Med Pos' Auto Engage setting to be the most consistent with using an actual wah. The block won't immediately bypass if you reach heel down while moving the pedal and bypasses in roughly the same amount of time it would take to press the toe switch on a wah pedal.

The 'Spd' settings are great if you want to try to keep the wah from engaging if you happen to bump the pedal or if it's in a different position than heel down when changing scenes or presets.

Back
Top Bottom