Volume pedal recommendations

dB

Inspired
I am reconfiguring my pedalboard to add an experession pedal and a couple of pedals to connect to the external switch jacks. I have been using a Boss FV-500L for my volume pedal and have had no issues, but it sure is a space hog. My wah is controlled by a Mission Engineering EP-1. I have considered getting another Misson for volume control, but I have grown accustomed to the throw of the Boss pedal so much that the wah style pedal feels weird. Anybody use the Boss EV-5? Are they as flimsy as I read in various reviews? Any problems with calibration or taper? Any other suggestions?

Ernie Ball VPjr I know that some don't like it but I have had no issues with ether of mine and they both have been on my board for years.

I've used the Roland EV-5's for a long time and they're very securely built. I'm also a fan of the Ernie Ball pedals as actual, real volume pedals. I haven't tried wiring them up as expression pedals, though. The EV-5's are very small and good on space.

Reading on one of the keyboard forums about expression pedals, the Yamaha FC7 is highly regarded (although the output is opposite normal polarity, you may have to use an adapter or rewire the plug), is lightweight, inexpensive. Guitar Center has B stock for $29.

Ernie Ball VPjr I know that some don't like it but I have had no issues with ether of mine and they both have been on my board for years.

Did you have to do anything special to get it to work with the MFC? I heard that it requires a special cable??

I've had EV-5s (but not with Axe) and they feel kind of cheap, but are pretty sturdy really and never gave me issues. FV500's do have a nice feel and are reasonably priced but they are indeed something of a space hog.

THe Moog EP2 isn't bad for a cheap pedal either, decent pedal travel and size. I've often used those for EXP's with various pedals like a Mojovibe

Back
Top Bottom