Volume Pedal Position in Signal Chain

Jalevinemd

Inspired
I set up my EV-1 as a Global Volume Pedal quite awhile ago. I am not running 4CM as my amps have no effects loops. So all effects straight into the amp. When I was building my own pedalboards, I'd always have the volume pedal at the end of the chain, so there was no gain loss from the OD/Dist pedals if I backed off the volume. How can I tell whether the Global Volume Pedal on my FX8 is set to work the same way or if it is in front of the other effects?

At the I/O: CTRL menu, check which volume item is set to PEDAL. In 1 (Pre) = before all blocks; Out 1 (Pre) = after.

I have / had the same problem and here is one more: (My question fits in here, so better to not open another thread, I thought):

I have my volume pedal from 0% (heel position) to 100% (toe). Problem is that my expression pedal (Misson) has not that wide range of motion and so you cannot "fine tune" your volume easily while you play - the volume changes are at some point either too loud or too silent and always abrupt. It sucks.

1. Are there others with the same problem?

2. Is there a general solution to this?

3. Could this be a solution: I could set the overall volume settings in my pedal go from 50% (heel position, so you can still hear everything but on a lower level) to 100% (toe position). I thought this could make fine tuning easier as I should then double the way on my pedal for the same previous volume changes...

3. If 2. is the only solution, where can I find and change these settings and set my pedal from "50% - 100%"?

Thanks in advance

Panagiotis

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

1. Yes, I have experienced the same with the Mission pedal with the AxeFX II. I change the slope parameter to roughly 25% so it ramps up a little quicker in the first half of the sweep, and a little slower in the second half of the sweep. Seems to help.

But, I just looked and did not see where you can set any parameters for the global volume pedal. Unless I'm missing something, it looks like you will have to use a volume block if you want to change any of the parameters.

For what it's worth, I bought a Fractal EV-1 expression pedal and it's fantastic for fine control of whatever parameter you have it assigned to. The wide sweep and even taper really do make a difference. I use the Mission pedal for Wah now as I prefer the narrower sheep for that application.

Thanks for your answer. Sounds disappointing and strange that you can't change this in the fx8 where almost "everything" is programmable. I guess I found something for the wish list. Gonna post it there in a few days maybe.

Anyway... the slope settings you said. Gonna check that out. Thanks :).

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom