Volume jump on Scene 2 ???

ok, fx loop level is being saved with the scene. your fx loop is +12db on that scene that is louder

That is something I noticed in beta 9 when I created a custom patch from an old patch that already had an effects loop. I had to go through scenes 1 - 4 and standardize the effects loop send and return. As a precaution, I checked the master out for each scene so I could start out at zero.

I then saved that preset, and that is the one I copy and paste into the next available slot when I am programming sounds. So I know my effects loop levels and master outs are consistent.

This is slightly off topic, but I have noticed that the graphic EQ in certain amps that I pull up, have the 63hz fader all the way down, so again, as per the aforementioned procedure of regulating my effects loop levels, another procedure I go through when creating a new patch, is to select an amp model and cab/mic combination, and then go through the menu levels and check that graphic EQ just to make sure it is flat before I mess with bass,mid,treb,presence on the amp itself.

What this means for guys upgrading to scenes 9, is that you have to go back through your existing presets, cycle through your scenes, and standardize your effects loop stuff and master output for each scene you are planning to use.

Good luck and keep rockin'

ok, fx loop level is being saved with the scene. your fx loop is +12db on that scene that is louder

Weird... I've never adjusted the loop level on any patch ever!!
This has just happened since upgrading from FW9b to 9

Thanks for the help, this has been driving me crazy!

Also note that if you are switching scenes via MIDI the level will revert to the saved value if you have Revert turned on.

I am not having trouble cause I have not set up scenes yet but where is this revert option? Is this to recall scene 1 of the current preset as it was originally saved?

I also use the FX loop block as I am using output 2 in all presets to send signal to my power amp and cab. However the volume jump / clipping is only present in output 1. So to me that means the FX loop block has nothing to do with it.

I also use the FX loop block as I am using output 2 in all presets to send signal to my power amp and cab. However the volume jump / clipping is only present in output 1. So to me that means the FX loop block has nothing to do with it.

patch?

To be clear, it is the Main level of the Send tab.

Thanks Sean.

I've gone back through all my patches, and the FX Loop level jump on Scene 2 is present on every one of them - even the first patches I made with FW version 6.
This wasn't there in v9 beta, the upgrade to current 9 seems to have corrupted the FX loop somehow.

One for the wish list, it would be nice if the FX Loop edit page would show the current Scene number and let you step through with the A knob, same as the other affected blocks and OUT page.

I have attached one of my presets. All behave the same though (intermittently). However I'm not yet sure if 9.01 has cured this, having only just installed it. i'll do a bit of testing.

Attachments

• Preset 8.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
I have attached one of my presets. All behave the same though (intermittently). However I'm not yet sure if 9.01 has cured this, having only just installed it. i'll do a bit of testing.

9.01 doesn't seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary. The filter obviously makes things louder. The flanger does as well. Same with pitch. but that all my be by design. if I bypass the delay on scene 2, there is not change at all. So maybe it is fixed for you in 9.01

9.01 doesn't seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary. The filter obviously makes things louder. The flanger does as well. Same with pitch. but that all my be by design. if I bypass the delay on scene 2, there is not change at all. So maybe it is fixed for you in 9.01

OK I've done a bit of testing, and yes this volume jump is still present with 9.01.
I seem to have narrowed it down to the output section in each preset. Output 2 is not affected, so I've eliminated the FX Loop block. So, when changing Scenes using the MFC CC control, sometimes (not all the time) the volume jump happens, and either S2 is way louder and clips Output 1, or S2 is way quieter than S1 with no clipping. Toggling futher does not remove it. It can be removed two ways, by switching the Scenes with the A knob, OR by pressing the layout button and opening up the Output section tab. In all my presets, the output section is at 0.00db and none of the 'Level' / 'Bal' controls have been adjusted.

OK I've done a bit of testing, and yes this volume jump is still present with 9.01.
I seem to have narrowed it down to the output section in each preset. Output 2 is not affected, so I've eliminated the FX Loop block. So, when changing Scenes using the MFC CC control, sometimes (not all the time) the volume jump happens, and either S2 is way louder and clips Output 1, or S2 is way quieter than S1 with no clipping. Toggling futher does not remove it. It can be removed two ways, by switching the Scenes with the A knob, OR by pressing the layout button and opening up the Output section tab. In all my presets, the output section is at 0.00db and none of the 'Level' / 'Bal' controls have been adjusted.

My mfc is not hooked up to the rig I was testing, so it may have something to do with it.

My mfc is not hooked up to the rig I was testing, so it may have something to do with it.

I agree, that certainly is a Possibility.
Yek helped me set up a general IA to send the CC to toggle between Scenes 1 & 2. (I didn't have enough spare IA's to have seperate buttons for Scene Up / Down) I wonder if this CC message is confusing the Axe-Fx somehow?

Cliff, I am running 9.01b this morning, and getting more volume on scene 2. I have checked my effects loop sends and returns and the master volumes. I can set up scene 1 and 2 to be identical effects states, and scene 2 is stronger. I have to use it's master volume in the minus mode to regulate it compared to the other scenes in the same preset.

You might want to look into this phenomenon.

Thanks,

Rod Z.

Back
Top Bottom