Wish Volume Block Scene Ignore

I second this!!!! Every block should have scene ignore. I use the Vol/Pan on my FM3 as a clean boost. But sometimes I'll change a scene to get a different sound in the middle of a solo. I need the Vol/Pan block to remain engaged if it's engaged, or bypassed if it's bypassed. PLEASE make this happen soon. With the FM3 I have limited footswitches so in my current config I have to change per-presets to get to the boost button.

I second this!!!! Every block should have scene ignore. I use the Vol/Pan on my FM3 as a clean boost. But sometimes I'll change a scene to get a different sound in the middle of a solo. I need the Vol/Pan block to remain engaged if it's engaged, or bypassed if it's bypassed. PLEASE make this happen soon. With the FM3 I have limited footswitches so in my current config I have to change per-presets to get to the boost button.
Use a Control Switch assigned to Bypass and set CS Per Scene to Last for all scenes... You don't need Scene Ignore for that ;)

Yeah same for me. Seems like an obvious option for it. I use the volume pan for my volume pedal, and somehow it got bypassed on one of my scenes and in the middle of rehearsal couldn't track it down on the unit UI. Figured it out at home but bummed to see no scene ignore as an option.

I see that we can do work around by applying a modifier to the Bypass block , and then never actually using it , so it will lock the Bypass feature of that block from ever activation, but it seems silly they would decide for some blocks to offer scene ignore it, and some blocks not, especially for something like Volume Pan block that is the way you apply a volume pedal in the middle of a chain.

I see that we can do work around by applying a modifier to the Bypass block , and then never actually using it , so it will lock the Bypass feature of that block from ever activation, but it seems silly they would decide for some blocks to offer scene ignore it, and some blocks not, especially for something like Volume Pan block that is the way you apply a volume pedal in the middle of a chain.

That's a fine workaround if you have a modifier free. Won't help on most of my presets, tho. :D

+1 to the Scene Ignore wish. :)

Why does where the block is placed in the chain matter?

Are you thinking it will mute? If so, set the Bypass Mode to prevent that...

Why does where the block is placed in the chain matter?

Are you thinking it will mute? If so, set the Bypass Mode to prevent that...
Many prefer Volume pedals after Distortion and ODs but before Amps. You don't want them in front of a compressor, or the ODs because it affects the tone in a nagative way when they are engaged - The ODs especailly will not respond correctly to a lower signal. I do alot of Ambient and volume swelling stuff with and without ODs so want it to sounnd as intended.

The issue I had with it being Bypassed was I lost control of the volume pedal when fully open, and I use the volume pedal alot for those Ambient parts. I luckily switched to a different preset quick once I realized to get through. This is a time where learnign to do Swells via a guitar volume knob would have helped.

Last edited:
Many prefer Volume pedals after Distortion and ODs but before Amps. You don't want them in front of a compressor, or the ODs because it affects the tone in a nagative way when they are engaged - The ODs especailly will not respond correctly to a lower signal. I do alot of Ambient and volume swelling stuff with and without ODs so want it to sounnd as intended.

The issue I had with it being Bypassed was I lost control of the volume pedal when fully open, and I use the volume pedal alot for those Ambient parts. I luckily switched to a different preset quick once I realized to get through. This is a time where learnign to do Swells via a guitar volume knob would have helped.
I understand the reasons for placing the block in different locations.

I meant in regards to using the Control Switch assignment to Bypass instead of Scene Ignore.

I understand the reasons for placing the block in different locations.

I meant in regards to using the Control Switch assignment to Bypass instead of Scene Ignore.
I meant that the Volume Pan block, which is the primary way to set up a volume pedal if you want volume control somewhere in the chain (not using the global volume control at the input or output block), typically you would want that volume pedal control on across all scenes. It seesm kind of odd to me that they chose to not offer "Scene Ignore" on the Volume Pan block, but they offer it on most other block types.

So we have to use a workaround to lock the Bypass. I am glad I didnt have to waste one of my control switches to do it, and just assigned one of the other random controller options to it that I will probably never need or use.

I meant that the Volume Pan block, which is the primary way to set up a volume pedal if you want volume control somewhere in the chain (not using the global volume control at the input or output block), typically you would want that volume pedal control on across all scenes. It seesm kind of odd to me that they chose to not offer "Scene Ignore" on the Volume Pan block, but they offer it on most other block types.

So we have to use a workaround to lock the Bypass. I am glad I didnt have to waste one of my control switches to do it, and just assigned one of the other random controller options to it that I will probably never need or use.
I still don't know what you're trying to say...

If you want your block enabled in all scenes then enable it on all scenes. That has nothing to do with Scene Ignore and there's no "lock" of the Bypass.

Scene Ignore allows for you to change it in one scene (bypass/engage/channel selection) and have that be carried into some or all other scenes.

I still don't know what you're trying to say...

If you want your block enabled in all scenes then enable it on all scenes. That has nothing to do with Scene Ignore and there's no "lock" of the Bypass.

Scene Ignore allows for you to change it in one scene (bypass/engage/channel selection) and have that be carried into some or all other scenes
Sorry, as I many not be using the correct terminology, as I am new to FA, coming from a Helix.

I want scene ignore for the volume block, for my Volume pedal.

On Sunday at rehersal, when I went to use one of my patches, my volume pedal did not work, and it was full tilt for a volume swell part with tons of Reverb and Delay so it stopped the rehearsal. It turned out that accidentially it got Bypassed on that one scene prior to using, when I was settingh up at home. I want to avoid that in the future, as I have no need to ever bypass my volume pedal, and it seems like most would agree. Since there is no scene ignore on that block, I figured out from your post of Jan 29th about using a control switch as basically a scene ignore, but since control switches are limited, I just assigned it to some other controller and it basically locked it so Bypass cannot be engaged across all scenes , which is fine with me.

Sorry, as I many not be using the correct terminology, as I am new to FA, coming from a Helix.

I want scene ignore for the volume block, for my Volume pedal.

On Sunday at rehersal, when I went to use one of my patches, my volume pedal did not work, and it was full tilt for a volume swell part with tons of Reverb and Delay so it stopped the rehearsal. It turned out that accidentially it got Bypassed on that one scene prior to using, when I was settingh up at home. I want to avoid that in the future, as I have no need to ever bypass my volume pedal, and it seems like most would agree. Since there is no scene ignore on that block, I figured out from your post of Jan 29th about using a control switch as basically a scene ignore, but since control switches are limited, I just assigned it to some other controller and it basically locked it so Bypass cannot be engaged across all scenes , which is fine with me.
Right... But you've sort of created a complicated solution for a problem with an easy solution:

Enable the block on all scenes and save it the preset.

Unless you've assigned some other control to bypass/engage the block the Volume block then that's all that is required.

Right... But you've sort of created a complicated solution for a problem with an easy solution:

Enable the block on all scenes and save it the preset.

Unless you've assigned some other control to bypass/engage the block the Volume block then that's all that is required.

I was just agreeing with the wish for scene ignore just like other blocks that someone else posted.

Back
Top Bottom