Voes MC-5Jr + FM3 = Awesome!

Sysex is needed to tell the fractal devices to send info to the MX like preset name, scene name, active name, block fx on/off state, block selected channel, tempo, tuner info, ....

All this can be used on the MX.

Great feature for MX controllers with a screen but a MX5 or 5 Jr as has the OP doesn't have a screen, therefore my question.

Beyond that, being the happy owner of an MX5 since 2 years+ I can only confirm that it's a great and perfect little controller, quite easy to program and understand. The perfect companion for an FM3 in my case.

Thanks for the nice words! Really appreciate this.

Btw, this is my current setup. FM3 + MX-5 and SW-1 + Mission Engineering SP-1 (wah) + Roland EV-5 (volume).

FM3 buttons control Pitch (mostly configured as detune-chorus) / Phaser - Drive / Drive channel - Delay / Delay channel

MX-5 controls on Page A (scene page)
btn 1-4 normal press: scene 1-4 (which are 4 different AMP+CAB scenes)
btn 1-4 long press: scene 5-8 (variations on scene 1-4)
btn 5 normal press: tempo
btn 5 long press: tuner

SW-1 switches from Page A (scene page) to Page B (preset page).
In Page B btn 1-5 are my 5 master presets (remember all presets have 4 different AMP+CAB scenes).
Once a preset is selected, the MX goes back to Page A (scene page).

Notice that the MX-5 has exactly the same space between buttons as the AX8 FX8 FM3.

View attachment 78562
Wow, very close ;-)

1700079197060.jpeg
I kept the volume pedal separate from my board in order to not have a bigger gig bag, but admit having it on board would be better

I still can't synchronize the MX5 and the FM3 (using the m-box). the mx sends the messages but receives nothing ftom the FM3, no LED follows. I must have missed something......? any idea?

Last edited:
Sitting here waiting for my FC6 to arrive and I had the urge to try out my old trusty MC-5Jr with the FM3 - boy, oh boy am I glad I did!!

It works seamlessly (much like it did with my old AX8!!) - with the FC6 as well its going to be quite the control center for both the FM3 as a direct solution and also for switching amp (via Midi Switcher) when I'm using the FM3 in 4CM.

So far I have the MC-5Jr as a scenes selector (1-4) and then use Button 5 as a Filter Engager (via CC) and also via another CC message to switch on the solo boost on my amp - this means that button 5 is essentially a dual purpose for Boosting purposes depending what I'm doing direct/4CM-wise (the filter is set to boost +4db on the Outs)

Also set the other 4 buttons to turn off the solo boost/Filter when they are pressed (and turn off the LED on button 5!!)

This little MC-5Jr is a great bit of kit and no doubt whatsoever that the newer updated models are better again, but this little unit has done 100's of gigs (remember them!!) has never ever missed a beat and has essentially IMO opened out the possibilities of the FM3+FC6 to even higher heights!!

No Affiliation with Voes btw, just shouting out a really great product!!
hi Welsh Lukather what are the CC values that you send from the MX to the fractal. I'm having trouble adjusting the dual external switch on the mx5. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas

hi Welsh Lukather what are the CC values that you send from the MX to the fractal. I'm having trouble adjusting the dual external switch on the mx5. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas
I send you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom