video tutorial on setting up a Liquid Foot Jr. with the Axe?

jb70

Experienced
i just got my LF Jr. today and was wondering if anyone had done any video tutorials on setting one up with the Axe FX? thanks.

jack

yeah i saw those and they were helpful for some things but i'm looking for videos that are axe fx specific

i'll make this more specific: i'm going to be using the LF Jr. in 4B mode. can someone walk me through the process of programming the 4 IA switches? thanks in advance.

jb

jb70 said:
i'll make this more specific: i'm going to be using the LF Jr. in 4B mode. can someone walk me through the process of programming the 4 IA switches? thanks in advance.

jb

I just got mine yesterday! After fumbling around a bit (I kept pressing the wrong buttons and having to start over) I grabbed the editor and got my basic IA's set up and also programmed a couple of step-thrus on some preset switches. Nice! The editor is great, for IA's just put in the CC # you chose in the Axe for the effect you are controlling, and 127 for on and 0 for off. Be sure to save to LF before moving to the next switch.

I made simple step-thrus that just kick up the patch volume 6db for leads, but from what I can see you could make them do virtually anything just as easily. This is a very cool little box!!!

thanks quonsar,
i actually got it figured out yesterday (although it was kind of frustrating). i have the whole day off today and will spend some time messing with the editor.

jb

I'm going the same layout approach and having trouble. I did, however, get the LF/JR to synch with the Axe-FX... just no IAs (delay/drive/etc) showed up.

I'm going to try the LF/JR into Editor approach. Using my midisport 2x2, which midi wires go in/out/etc? Can you give me the layout of wiring?

My editor is not "seeing" and I'm probably not hooked up right. Can you help?

MIDI out from LF into MIDI in A on the 2x2
MIDI in from the LF to MIDI out A on the 2x2
(I had to use MIDI A on mine, it didn't like B)
USB out from 2x2 into computer.
Make sure you have the latest Midisport drivers. I downloaded and reinstalled mine just to be sure.
I'm using Mac OS X so had to install Java - MIDI layer. I used Mandolane which worked fine. http://www.mandolane.co.uk/swMandoMidi.html. I don't think you need this for PC.
Run the liquid foot editor java app. It should find the LF and the display on the LF should change. ( I can't remember of the top of my head what it says but it's obvious. You can press the Menu button on the LF to reset the display). Save any changes to the LF right away. For example if you make a change on patch 1 and the move to patch 2, the editior will not buffer it and when you return to patch 1 the change will be gone so save any changes to the LF and to a file too if you want before moving onto the next patch/tab. James.

lebihanj, the earlier help was appreciated. I am at this point having more success doing the button pushing thing vs LF editor. Question: when -- in the LF editor -- I amend a preset setting, must I "save" prior to venturing over to the IA setting tab? (I seem to lose ALL data when going from "preset" to "IA" tabs.) Ugh.

For anybody else, we're mid-tour now and I have just received the LF JR. The LF JR for my needs is magnificent ... I'm just slowly getting up to speed in basic programming. Still in the hit n' miss set-up phase. The LF JR replaced a well-used midimate which broke. The goodness of the LF JR IMO is its depth (which is a bottomless pit to me at this stage - hah!), its screen visibility, perfect size of the unit, ease of stomping and convenience to mate fast with the Axe-FX. I really like it. I will also mention Jeff's super fast responses and excellent shipping process. I'm hoping in the future to be able to rave of the LF JR's structural integrity and road worthiness, too.

:mrgreen:

Editor issue:

if you are "losing" info- that simply means you are not saving it before you move on... EASIEST fix. Go to the config screen and put a check next to "Auto-Save". OR, on the toolbar- press the auto-save button and a check box will appear. This will let the editor save everything for you as you make changes and change presets, songs, tabs, whatever... as long as you "change" from where you are- it will automatically save your edits. That will solve your problem right away.

ALSO- there are two modes for the editor. ONLINE and OFFLINE. When ONLINE (SYNC'd with LF)--- all presets, songs, etc. will comes from the LF as its currently programmed. All changes will go back to the LF. If you have edits in memory and then SYNC- you WILL lose them as it will pull the data from the LF every time you change.

So either work offline, or work online. You can also save things to the LF, do partial dumps, full dumps, etc... you have loads of options... just pick one type of editing per session so you don't "overwrite" things by accident. Once you get used to that- there is a LOT of power in the editor beyond simple editing...

hope this helps. Enjoy the Liquid-Foot Jr.

Back
Top Bottom