VH4 amps - Bright switch

I was just informed and looked myself, there is no bright switch on ch 3 and 4 of the VH4. Channel 2 does but the models bright switch works fine on it.

Sry, didn't notice this was about the higher gain channels.
I could've pointed out that bright switches are only available for 1 and 2.
Sry for being useless! :p

Does this solve Clarky's issue?

There is no "issue" to solve. If an amp doesn't have bright switch the operation of of the models' bright switch is undefined. I chose what I considered a reasonable value for the bright cap but if that doesn't satisfy the user then they are free to change it to a different value.

There is no "issue" to solve. If an amp doesn't have bright switch the operation of of the models' bright switch is undefined. I chose what I considered a reasonable value for the bright cap but if that doesn't satisfy the user then they are free to change it to a different value.

Yes, and understood.... however, I should have addressed the question to Clarky....

He mentioned that it was working in previous fw.......and not in the new fw. So he may have been using channel 2 model (if that was mimicked). (i'm not too familiar with Diezel)

Otherwise if it is channel 3 or 4 .....? ;)

to be honest, it's not really an issue...
when I was messing with the VH4ch3 in 10.06 I simply noticed that the bright switch wasn't doing anything
but I seem to recall it doing more in earlier fw versions
I just wasn't sure if it was a bug or intentional

seems it's intentional..

it's not a prob..
I can easily fire up the highs a little more with a higher presence setting and get them to punch through with eq and / or a brighter cab choice

I found the bright switch over-pushed the circuit in some high gain designs, possibly like this one where it didn't have one [for those channels]. I don't use it nor that sat switch in any situation. But I'm always trying to reduce sizzle and stuff....

Back
Top Bottom