Very nice interview with Geddy Lee

I started to watch the interview the other day but was distracted with (un)wanted company, so I have it on my watch list.
I am not the greatest Rush fan (I do enjoy the early stuff) but I have always enjoyed listening to band member interviews. They come across as nice gentlemen who you would be happy to spend time with.

RIP Mr. Peart.

Thank you....that kind of an interview is a gift. And the host is asking the`right` questions in a very good way..thats not easy.
I´m very grateful to people that allow us such a deep insight of their personality...and their losses. Always had a great respect for Rush, I always thought they were musical genies and admired them. Outstanding band in many ways.

This was gold for a lifetime fan. If you search for Geddy on YouTube and filter by date, he's done a lot of media lately to support his book. I hope he and Alex will make some music together again. Seems like Geddy really misses it.

Thanks for posting, great interview and the book explains why he was over in London i bet.

Couple months ago, I was walking my dog in Hyde park. Crossing the serpentine bridge, no one was around.
A couple were walking towards me and as they get closer I start to realise it's Geddy Lee. I grew up in USA, saw Rush, 1980 Wings stadium, Kalamazoo Michigan, I was sent there and 2112 was like my only friend in a small town where I absolutely did not fit in .
In other words Rush was a big part of my youth, figuring out how to play all their songs helped me to learn how to play .

I was so dumbstruck, it did not compute, like a weird dream where crazy random characters show up out of context. They stopped and were watching and pointing out birds in the lake, Geddy was sneezing cause the allergies here i guess.

I did turn around and walk past them again on the opposite side, maybe to confirm it was actually him, but did not want to disturb them, it was their private time and they reminded me of me and my wife enjoying each others company and nature,
-no way was I going to bother them.

As they got to the other side of the bridge I crossed back over, and in passing said "thank you " Just as he suddenly sneezed again, so either he was thanking me for being a fan or that i said bless you, and replied as such - anyway I'm good, worst case i can say I blessed Geddy lee.

Back
Top Bottom