Various Picks

When buying strings or something else I usually buy also picks (even I don't need so many).
Is there somebody else who has this same kind habit (buying picks even there is no need, just for
curiosity about different kind picks).

Some of my picks

Plektrums.jpg

By the way, that grey platform under picks are 4 pieces of ceramic tile (from bathroom leftovers). I clued them together, good place to put cold
beer or hot coffee)

Last edited:
Is there somebody else who has this same kind habit (buying picks even there is no need, just for curiosity about different kind picks).
Yep. I’m constantly changing picks. I have a plastic organizer full of them. Just when I’be though I’ve found “the one,” I come across something else to try. It’s likely my longest running guitar-related rabbit hole.

yup - always trying out this and that, looking for the nicest sound to my ear, of the pick edge passing along the string. Best I've found is "Gravity" with the roughened edge, but I'd like to find a cheaper replacement available locally - still looking.

Oh I have posted these pics somewhere else on here, but yes I am guilty of buying picks I always do I just like to try different stuff. I tend to always go back to what ive always used though. right now im back on Tortex 1.14mm's

The Boutique picks, Hawk, Red Bear, BHL

There is some stuff missing that ive gotten recently, one thing for sure I will never run out LOL

These are the ones that are always out to grab

Last edited:
I have a plastic sandwich bag full of them and periodically sift through them and toss picks I've given up trying to like.

My go-to picks for years now are the Graphtech TUSQ ST 0.68. They are a little bit smaller than a regular pick, with raised "grippy" lettering and actually sound brighter, especially if I drop one on a hard surface. They last a really long time too.

I may never find my favorite pick in this lifetime, so wouldn't mind the choice.

While I use a few gravely different ones, I suspect it's very bad for especially my picking technique.

I love a very fat plastic one when playing unamplified, bringing a warm audible tone, and the Fender smaller teardrop for amplified playing.

Still wishing to test picks with very small tips.

I have a small desktop bin and three or four Altoids tins full of a WIDE variety of brands and sizes of picks. Haven't used any of them in a few years since going to Chicken Picks Shredder-3.5mm and Badazz III-3.2mm.

I used to buy every new kid on the block pick until I lost my forefinger and had a hard time holding on to them, so I played with just my fingers for a while. Then I discovered the super thick V-Picks (3-5mm) and it was back to using a pick. In the time since I've gotten better at holding a thinner pick and play Chicken Picks as well, but still mostly the V-Picks. I've never gone back to using a pick on acoustic though.

Back
Top Bottom