Bug? V6.0 unit rebooted after using looper

NMG

Experienced
Was using the looper in the attached patch in stereo undo.
The screen blanked and the unit rebooted showing the opening title screen then loaded the next preset.

Unfortunately, for diagnostic proposes, it does not happen every time.

Heres the patch.

note. patch was made in v5.previous.

Attachments

• JS CLEAN.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
Hmmm, could you try recreating the patch in 6.0 from scratch and let us know if it still happens?

I have a rehearsal tonight but I can fire up your patch tomorrow morning.

Could you guys provide some more detail on exactly what you were doing when the freeze and/or crash occurs? I.e. did you press a button such as stack or undo or did it just happen out of the blue?

Ok, it has happened to me a couple of times.

First time i was playing a loop, hit the half button and the Ax cut out and rebooted.

Second time i was playing a loop, changed to another preset (looper in new preset, same settings to continue the loop) and the same thing, cut out and rebooted.

Tried it again and couldn't replicate the problem, so it seems a little random.

Never seen company who realy care with the users like fractal did
Great product! Great services! , i bet so many company envy with you

I found and fixed a bug that could cause a crash when the Looper Mode value is changed (either via front panel or a preset change). This will be fixed in the next firmware release.

If anybody experiences crashing or odd behavior when changing other values please let me know steps to reproduce.

I think I have a way to reproduce, It happens here I am in dub/stack and I press undo before ending dub/stack (I'm using external hardware switches):
  • dial in a patch with a undo-type looper
  • start recording
  • switch on dub/stack
  • press undo
  • switch off dub/stack
  • press undo
  • now process with dub/stack and undoing in the the righ *and* wrong order
  • Axe should at some point either reboot (no joke) or produce digital singularity/red-light/whole/peak/distortion in the loop (take care for your eardrums)
It's reproducible here to the point that always something odd goes on, sometime reboot or some sound problems.
My switches:
  • Record: hardware momentary
  • Play: IASw 16 toggle
  • Dub/Stack: hardware toggle
  • Undo: hardware momentary

Thanks Skyko. I will try this in the office tomorrow to see if I can reproduce.

I did fix one other bug besides the one I mentioned already. It may address this issue so this might already be fixed. I'll let you guys know soon.

Skyko: I forgot to ask...in your case are you using the looper in a preset where CPU utilization is very high?
I can reproduce the effect with a patch that eats around 40-45% CPU (no amp, no cab) and I can reproduce it with patches at 80-85%. I have nothing that goes above 90% ... but with all patches the behaviour is the same ...

Just dance around on dub and undo and it'll freak out one way or the other.

I can reproduce the effect with a patch that eats around 40-45% CPU (no amp, no cab) and I can reproduce it with patches at 80-85%. I have nothing that goes above 90% ... but with all patches the behaviour is the same ...

Just dance around on dub and undo and it'll freak out one way or the other.
BTW at no time the Axe was connected to the computer (so no Axe-Edit interfering). Only MFC-101 with external pedals and the Axe-Fx II all on newest firmware(s).

Ok, it has happened to me a couple of times.
Second time i was playing a loop, changed to another preset (looper in new preset, same settings to continue the loop) and the same thing, cut out and rebooted.

You mean you can now change presets while you are using the looper and the looper will continue seamlessly in the new preset you switched to, as long as you have a looper in the preset you switch to? If so, dreams do come true!

Back
Top Bottom