v12.03 to v12.04beta quick notes on tone...

wtfover

Inspired
I'm quite blown away with the difference going from 12.03 to 12.04. Here's what I'm hearing/feeling:

1. Connected. It's like your sound comes as an extension to your body.

2. Notes feel directly under your fingertips - more connected.

3. Air and openness quality. Tones have clarity and seem to evolve around you - 3D

4. It's as if you really do have the amp properly mic'd.

5. Really doesn't sound or feel electronic. You certainly set aside any thoughts of tonal creation through technical analysis. It feels and sounds warm and organic.

6. Just roll off the tone control on a humbucker and the warmth, clarity and air is amazing. . This is at a new level.

7. As if the missing ingredient was added. The amps really bloom and open up when driving the amp. Seems to get there easier at a lower volume. Fuckin amazing.

WTFOVER!
With this upgrade, it may be difficult to go to v13. But, of course I will.

Reactions: ALE
But when, young man??

And, you cannot use any words that begin with an "s".

I've been on board since May 2012. But I am about to end a 3 month break from the band.

We are doing all new songs, so now is the time to wipe my presets and start over.

I'd love to do that with v13.

Programming will begin this Thursday.

V13 uses the same modeling code. I don't dare change it. It sounds and feels too good.

All the work went into bug fixes, features and UltraRes.

Thanks Cliff,
I wanted to hold off for v13 before loading v12.04beta, but I could not resist based on the appraisal by users on improvements.
All were right.

Last edited:
V13 uses the same modeling code. I don't dare change it. It sounds and feels too good.

Just done a set this morning in an environment I'm extremely used to with patches I use all the time for certain songs. Loaded the new firmware!!! This is it. Sounded phenomenal for all the reasons stated. Organic chewy highs perfect 3d sound. Bass sounded Great. Very expressive and touch sensitive. Put a smile on my face and the audience

Well done sir I think you've done it. The End

Reactions: ALE

.... how many epiphanies have you had after you wrote this cliff? :p

coming from you this had the possibility of being a bit like "Gasp" saying he found his perfect rig :D

ps - not trying to be offensive in any way

by the way whatever you have done with this firmware is just incredible, if you can top this it will blow my mind!

I guess Ultra Res is just going to enhance this

My mind wanders... what IS the next step beyond 13 w/ the feel of these amps and UR IR's? A completely new sound previously unimagined in the world of guitars? Is the next step from "ultra-realistic" actually "ultra-unrealistic"???

Whales having sex in a glass coffin in space?

No, wait, that was My Bloody Valentine.

.... how many epiphanies have you had after you wrote this cliff? :p

coming from you this had the possibility of being a bit like "Gasp" saying he found his perfect rig :D

ps - not trying to be offensive in any way

That's ok, I'm not offended :)

I've only just discovered 12.03 and am thinking how good it is. If 12.04b is even better, then where the hell is it??

Why can't I find it?

It can't be better than 12.03 anyway - can it?

Back
Top Bottom