v11 Comp in Amp Block

Der JD

Inspired
Maybe someone can help me understand the change in the comp knob in the amp block with v11. So far, v11 is great (I love the new features), but I'm struggling with some of my presets and I suspect that getting the comp knob set correctly may be a major culprit.

I've noticed that with many of the factory presets, comp is up between 60-70%, so there must have been a major change here in v11.

Basically, I want to figure out where to set it now to get the same value as v10. Generally, in v10 I'd set it anywhere from 0-30% depending on the amp.

Thanks in advance.

From the release notes :Improved cathode follower algorithm. There are three parameters exposed for the cathode follower algorithm: Cathode Comp (which is also the COMP knob), Cathode Time and Cathode Ratio. Cathode Comp sets the amount of compression. Cathode Time sets the attack time of the compressor. Cathode Ratio sets the maximum amount of compression with lower values giving more compression. I believe the way comp works has changed somewhat with v11, if I understand correctly. I think comp settings on most marshalls was 5%, fenders around 10% don't really remember others ,but saw some as high as 30% with v10!

The knob defaults to the appropriate value for the model when the model is selected. You can certainly increase or decrease the value to suit your individual tastes.

Back
Top Bottom