V 7 Update

Maybe a dummy question, but are there stupid questions???

I'm updating my FM9 T to V 7. Does this update also update all of the presets or do I need to separately install the V7 presets download? Or is that just provided should a user want to re-install V7 presets at a later date? While I am asking, is it preferred to update the editor first and then the firmware. That's usually how I do it, but thought I'd ask... TIA

The Firmware Install notes say "Firmware updates will occasionally be accompanied by new Factory Presets.These will be offered separately"
So when you install the new V7 firmware you need to download the V7 presets and install them. To answer your question; no the firmware does not automatically update the presets.

Firmware updates update the firmware. Presets are not part of the firmware nor are IRs. You can safely update firmware without concern that presets or IRs will be affected.

The new FW7 presets for FM9 are not changed in any way from previous presets. They've merely been re-saved under FW7 so that the Amp block parameter updates are already "baked in".

Back
Top Bottom