Using Axe-FX as looper

wizardy

Is is possible to use my Axe-FX 2 in looper mode to playback some wavs ?
I'd like to playback a few wavs intros for my gigs and wonder if the axe internal looper function could do this
<

It's not designed for that. Your best bet is to get another device like an iPod and put into your fx loop.
Someone else may have another idea.

The Looper is only made for "Live" Playing Mode...
You can not store the loops or use Wav Loops...
I use my MacBook now to playback Samples & Loop's... i trigger the loops with a MIDI foot controller...
The Looper is the only thing i would like to change in the Axe...

The Looper is only made for "Live" Playing Mode...
You can not store the loops or use Wav Loops...
I use my MacBook now to playback Samples & Loop's... i trigger the loops with a MIDI foot controller...
The Looper is the only thing i would like to change in the Axe...

Can you explain how you control your MacBook playback using a Midi foot controller? Sounds very cool.

Digitech Jamman with the footswitch will let you do what you want...just alternate a loop/sample with a blank spot and you can click through them in sequence...

Can you explain how you control your MacBook playback using a Midi foot controller? Sounds very cool.
Not want to hijack the question, but if you run Apple Mainstage on the MacBook it has a plugin called Playback that i.e. is a file player. Assign any pedal switch of choice to trigger its playback over MIDI. If connecting a USB cable between the Axe and the Mac the Axe can work as the lappy's audio interface. The Playback plugin also follows tempo (if set up that way) and adjusts file length to tempo with time stretching in the same manner Apple Loops work. One related thing I don't know though and that is whether the Axe is able to send its tempo as MIDI Clock back through the USB cable (last time I tried it did not work, although it worked as a charm the other way around; Axe picking up MIDI Clock coming in through the USB)

Back
Top Bottom