USB Firmware V 1.14 BETA (Public Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured it should be fine, just confused because what amandio said can be interpreted as "don't do that"...
Apologies, I should have been more specific. If you have no other audio devices on your system then it doesn't matter.

Can't tell you how many times I've been burned in the past thinking something was wrong with my audio measurements (previous life) only to realize it was some Windows notification that got triggered by Outlook or something else.

Last edited:
Did some recording today and the latency was no issue at all. Haven't re-amped yet, but super happy. I was recording at 64 samples in Pro Tools.

@amandio Is the USB driver the issue with Pro Tools and Axe Edit not working together? Sure would be nice if that got fixed too!

Am I right that this is good for all relatively recent Axe III firmwares? Version doesn't matter?
I haven’t tried it with all recent versions, but I tested at least one version back and it was ok. Of course the change Cliff made recently to fix the buffer size restore bug has now been overtaken by events.

@amandio Is the USB driver the issue with Pro Tools and Axe Edit not working together
Just a thought as an add-on... I don't have ProTools, but if it has the ability to selectively disable MIDI inputs and outputs, try stopping it from receiving MIDI data from the Axe-Fx via USB. In older versions of Logic, this was required when using Axe-Edit simultaneously.

Just a thought as an add-on... I don't have ProTools, but if it has the ability to selectively disable MIDI inputs and outputs, try stopping it from receiving MIDI data from the Axe-Fx via USB. In older versions of Logic, this was required when using Axe-Edit simultaneously.
I did that and it helped, so I disabled Axe FX III as a MIDI device in Pro Tools but ... When I need Axe FX III as a MIDI device? Pro Tools default condition is enabled.

Midi input is disabled in Pro Tools. I think I did that a while back based on your suggestion (didn't solve the issue).

Is this issue related to the USB driver or the ASIO driver (please excuse my ignorance if I didn't ask that question exactly right)?

Midi input is disabled in Pro Tools. I think I did that a while back based on your suggestion (didn't solve the issue).

Is this issue related to the USB driver or the ASIO driver (please excuse my ignorance if I didn't ask that question exactly right)?
I'm personally not aware of this issue. Can you point me to a thread on the forum that describes this?

Also, did this issue exist before using this beta?

I don't know if anybody knows the answer to that, and I don't know where the fault lies, but the fact is only FAS can diagnose the problem with an Axe-Edit hang, so you should probably start by contacting FAS tech support. Surely somebody at FAS has ProTools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom