USB Audio Driver Update for Axe-Fx III, FM3, and FM9

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
There is no concern about using that first batch though, correct? I turned off anti-virus while I downloaded/installed that first version.

There is no concern about using that first batch though, correct? I turned off anti-virus while I downloaded/installed that first version.
As he said, false positive. These trigger an antivirus alarm when they shouldn't because it is safe software.

Hi, my computer wouldn't see the fm9 after the update. I rolled back the usb driver and still no success. I can't access the editor at all at this stage, which is a bummer! Any advice would be appreciated. I'm on Windows 10 (64).

EDIT: Switched to a different USB port and it works fine on that one the previous one won't work anymore. Bit odd, but at least it works overall!

Last edited:
Try to completely uninstall the installed driver and also look for leftovers in the device manager if you use Windows. Then restart the machine and install the latest driver again.

The post says Microsoft-related issues, so only Windows. Mac doesn't need usb drivers as far as I know.

True that mac's don't need usb drivers, but things weren't entirely clear initially. The OP does say, "We recommend that all users should update," which I took literally. When I couldn't find any mac drivers I re-installed the USB v1.02 firmware. Doh! All good tho.

Wow man! This update seems to have fixed the USB audio input drop outs on my FM3. I have not been able to use USB audio in without regular drops. Same with Cab Lab 4. I played along with several songs, then I tried running Cab Lab 4 for a bit. No drops. Crossed fingers, but I ran a pretty good session here without issues. Never been able to do that before.

Damn I just Updated this driver and Lost all sound no more sound from my powercabs just a long distorted sound coming from my Monitors lasts about 12-15 seconds then stops
WTF ?
Is there a way i can revert back ?

PS: Nevermind USB changed my audio I/O settings all back to normal :)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm also having problems with the USB connection on my FM9. Edit even recognizes FM9, but I can't reproduce the sound from the computer to the monitors, it remains muted! Help me please!

is there any relationship between the new USB driver and Axe3-edit? My axe-edit has become crazy and sometimes just starts showing blocks in the wrong spot. Didn't see this before the USB driver upgrade. Tried refreshing after firmware - no change.

1710011081225.png

after restarting Axe-edit:
1710011144196.png

is there any relationship between the new USB driver and Axe3-edit? My axe-edit has become crazy and sometimes just starts showing blocks in the wrong spot. Didn't see this before the USB driver upgrade. Tried refreshing after firmware - no change.

View attachment 136598

after restarting Axe-edit:
View attachment 136599
Those are ghost blocks. Unrelated and experienced by some people occasionally. There were editor fixes for all editors but it's still happening for some.

Restart the editor.

Back
Top Bottom