Updateing firmware with out Ax-edit

Kabam Studio

New to this game so take it easy on me! LOL
Just purchase this unit used showing 5.04b firmware. Down loaded USB Audio Class Driver control. I also down loaded the newest update. If I open firmware upgrade on class driver The start firmware upgrade is grayed out! Also went under ultility on unit and put into awaiting file mode. Can I update with out Axe-Edit? I see that downlaod is unavaiable until 2.0 is release.

Any suggestions?
Scott

AXE EDIT can be used for upgrade FW without any problem

On another note... Seems abit strange if you JUST bought the unit and it shows 5.04b, but what do I know... ;)

On another note... Seems abit strange if you JUST bought the unit and it shows 5.04b, but what do I know... ;)

...doesn't say he bought it new; perhaps he bought it used..... jus' sayin'.....
He did say he was new to this, and this is his second post. Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions?

Like 6L6C said, you can use Midi-Ox. I'm not the wizard at updating the AFx, but have been successful w/ Midi-Ox.
Do a search for this on the forum, and you'll be able to find some threads that walk you through it. Some folks say they have been successful w/ Axe-Edit, and I have done this myself, with no apparent problems. I'm not sure that there weren't "hidden" things that were not getting through using AxeEdit, so I decided to do it again, using Midi-Ox, and it worked fine. Cliff Chase's adamant cautions to stay away from AxeEdit for now made me re-think using AxeEdit to upgrade FW, so I re-did it using Midi-Ox. It takes 15-20 minutes for the FW to load up, but will work fine.

He probably bought it used. Sounds like that unit didn't get much love if it was still on 5.04b so glad it went to a good home and welcome.

The Midi ox was the trick! Thanks 6L6C!
Yes guys, the unit was bought used, Firmware up to date now!
Thanks for the input! She is in good hands now!

I updated using AxeEdit.
I even loaded 2 Patches from the 9.0 Bank A using Axe Edit.
I DO NOT edit Patches in Axe Edit, as from what I have read there is Problems, so I don't do it.
I also Backed up my Whole System before doing all of this.
Always Backup!
Always Backup!
Always Backup!
Always Backup!
Always Backup!
Always Backup!

Back
Top Bottom