Update problem

blackmoreguitar

Experienced
Hi

I think I know the answer to this but thought I would ask anyway:

I was updating my Axe II to 14.02. Was waiting for the download to finish and accidently kicked the power strip the axe was plugged into. Me, being stupid, had not fully inserted the mains plug so the unit lost power. When I restored power I got a lit but blank screen and all the LEDs remained on. I have sent an email to support at G66, but thought I would ask if anyone here can help as I am, well, not happy, to say the least..........

Thanks in advance........

Tom

from the forums...

Try holding down the RECALL button as you power it up again.
Try reloading the firmware?

If that doesn't work, contact Fractal support.

from the forums...

Try holding down the RECALL button as you power it up again.
Try reloading the firmware?

If that doesn't work, contact Fractal support.

Hi Spikey

Thanks man. Didn't work but thanks for trying :)

I have emailed support.

I guess tonight I will have to slum it with a real valve amp....................

happens all the time, reboot your computer with everything off. restart axe, then axe edit (if using), should work.

happens all the time, reboot your computer with everything off. restart axe, then axe edit (if using), should work.

Thanks Symphx; it just won't respond, same thing happens whatever, blank screen and all LEDs lit. Won't communicate with a computer. Is there no reset button??????? Very frustrating; will wait to hear from the tech guys at G66. Not ragging on Fractal here btw...............

I hate to be the one who says it but it sounds like you are going to need an Eprom from Fractal or G66.
When your device, be it a PC, phone, or the Axe-fx says do not turn off until process/update is complete, it means it.
I hope you get everything back up and running soon.

I hate to be the one who says it but it sounds like you are going to need an Eprom from Fractal or G66.
When your device, be it a PC, phone, or the Axe-fx says do not turn off until process/update is complete, it means it.
I hope you get everything back up and running soon.

Thanks; unfortunately I think you're right........

Hi All

Quick update; I emailed G66 last night, not expecting to hear anything until Monday at the earliest. They have just replied, (on a Sunday). They are shipping me the required Eprom. Amazing service and just reinforces how pleased I am that I went with the AXE!

Back
Top Bottom