Upcoming Axe-Fx II Streaming Class

Going back to the tone matching idea, could you give us a tone matching an acoustic to a split hum-bucking pickup for dummies (I'm the dummy here). I understand the basic idea, but haven't taken the plunge. Watching you craft an authentic tone would give me the gumption I've been lacking! So far I've been using other people's patches which are good, but not great w/ my exact guitar/pickups/playing style.

Thanks, You are the perfect candidate to represent Fractal with the upcoming presentations/tutorials. IMO.

Very much looking forward to the event.

Respectfully....

Hello everyone!

I will be hosting a six-hour Axe-Fx II intensive class streaming live from CreativeLive.com on August 5. My intention is for it to be an instructive and entertaining dive into some of my favorite features of the Axe, focusing on how we as musicians can leverage the immense power of the unit to achieve our creative goals.

But I already know what I consider important to cover in the talk. What I want to know is what *you* all would like to see talked about, demonstrated, or covered in specific detail. Nothing Axe-Fx related is off limits, and with six hours, I'll be covering a lot of ground.

(Please bear in mind that, though technical, this class will be a collection of tutorials, the ultimate goal of which will be to help you better use the Axe-Fx to make music! It's not so much an opportunity for troubleshooting/rote technical support.)

So post your suggestions/requests below!

Cooper

A tutorial on how to use the harmonizer/pitch block would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!

How about dissecting the Dodger theme song? ;)

Coop, whatever you do it will be great!

Levels within and across all presets seems to be a sticking point for many. Also maybe demo why you need to tweak at gig volume. I have always thought it would be good to film (from a fly on the wall perspective) a session like Matt goes through with artists. For example, like when Cliff sat down with Andy at AxeFest II and dialed in his patches for the show. I think users have a misconception that they took hours and hours of fine tweaking to get to the end result. In other words, a small session showing how easy it is to go from blank grid to show ready preset and the thought process you used to get there.

Thanks Cooper this is a great opportunity to see a master at work.
One thing that would be great (and I'm sure that it will be discussed) is how to start from scratch and then build your own presets.

Nice, Cooper! I saw this scheduled on the Creative Live site last week, and I know a lot of folks here will tune in. I've checked out a bunch of creativelive.com workshops in the past and that 6 hours will fly by.

With the Axe-Fx being so flexible, people will want you to cover so much stuff that I'm sure by the end of the day they'll be asking you to return for part 2!

I would like to see:

- an acoustic guitar tone match

- start with a boutique pedal or wah and then show how to "match" it, aka dial in the Fractal to sound as close as possible to the real pedal

How much does it typically cost for a full seminar vs. a specific recorded section?

Cooper's class is listed on the site for US$39. This allows you to watch it online at any time, and purchasing Creative Live courses often includes bonus course materials. Creative Live don't usually sell just specific sections of a course.

Of course, watching the whole thing is free while it is streaming live, then they usually immediately start a free re-broadcast when the live event finishes so people in other time zones can tune in.

Specific bonus material included in Cooper's course will obviously be up to him and the producers involved, but other courses on the site often include things like slideshows, templates, patches/presets, IRs or session files created and/or used in the broadcast.

Show people how to split the signal to input one for FOH and 2 for a stage sound live. Also showing how powerful axe edit is too would be great.

Working with FRFR and Traditional cabs at the same time ... Cab blocks amplify the sound much louder than direct from the amp block out output 2 ... why is this? And how can these levels be balanced?

Back
Top Bottom