Unofficial upate on the Fractal MFC-101 Midi Floor Ctrl...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Dig the display. 21 switches gooooooooooooooooooooooood. Dig the stepped design.

So it's similar in size to my All Access, but bigger screen, more switches and will have a tuner and I can use my expression pedals??!!?!?! I'm SO in for this.

Sweet, looks like the top row is a little more comparable in size to the bottom 3. The old mockup drawing had a top row that was considerably shorter. After I'd finished photoshopping labels for the bottom 3 rows, I realized none of them would fit on the top. Drove me nuts having different sized labels on the top than on the rest of the board! These new prototype dimensions seem to cater more to the OCD crowd :)

In all seriousness though - looks great, can't wait for these to hit production.

Does anyone know if the Ground Control Pro can be configured to show a tuner? I see the Liquid Foot controller does, has anyone used that controller with the Axe and have floorboard tuner? I need the tuner to be on the floor with one footswitch operation that also mutes the Axe.

Thanks!

ok...now I'm allowing myself to get excited after almost two years.
Looks great Cliff, another piece of programming genius I'm sure. Than ks for sharing the picture.

FractalAudio said:
The LCD is really nice. Very pleased with it. Bright, large and excellent contrast. Little pricey but I figured it's one of the most important parts so it's worth it.

Is it readable in sunlight? If not, it'd be WAY cool if there was a convenient way to securely fasten a shade of some sort over it at an angle. There is nothing that sucks worse than playing an outdoor gig and not being able to read your board.

hippietim said:
FractalAudio said:
The LCD is really nice. Very pleased with it. Bright, large and excellent contrast. Little pricey but I figured it's one of the most important parts so it's worth it.

Is it readable in sunlight? If not, it'd be WAY cool if there was a convenient way to securely fasten a shade of some sort over it at an angle. There is nothing that sucks worse than playing an outdoor gig and not being able to read your board.
I don't think this is sunlight in the photo :)
MFCPROTO.JPG
But from early posts on the screen, it should be easily readable in sunlight.

Question is....does it have instant, random, easy access to any patch? Can you hit an "instant access" button and input any patch number?
That's what I need to gig with it.

hippietim said:
FractalAudio said:

lol, I had to fashion a sunshade out of a piece of cardboard and some sellotape. There's no dignity in having that on your Boss-gt8.

On the actual Fractal footswitch...*drools*

The post above asking if the GCP can have a tuner, no way, it can't even display preset names unfortunately.

Scott Peterson said:
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Dig the display. 21 switches gooooooooooooooooooooooood. Dig the stepped design.

So it's similar in size to my All Access, but bigger screen, more switches and will have a tuner and I can use my expression pedals??!!?!?! I'm SO in for this.

Exactly. Almost identical in size to the All Access. Fits in a rack drawer.

Large 20-character display, transflective (sunlight readable)

Four expression pedal inputs, four external footswitch inputs

Expansion jack.

Remote reading of name and effect bypass states from the Axe-Fx. LEDs synchronize to states.

Configurable as 1, 5 or 10 presets per bank. Remaining switches are then IA.

Firmware updates via MIDI in.

Runs on 9VAC. Uses less than 1A current (as opposed to 2A for most other controllers). High-efficiency switch-mode power supply means smaller, less expensive power transformer. Phantom powerable via 7-pin MIDI cable.

Preset, Song and Set modes. blah, blah, etc.

Day-um.

Sometimes things are worth waiting for. Add me a tuner on the floor in the controller... and game over.

Four expression pedals? Oh, hell yea.

BOOM!

:eek: :shock: :(

I think that I just shat myself.

* Falls unconscious onto the floor *

:oops: :?

Yeah, so where am I on the waiting list again?

Remote reading of name and effect bypass states from the Axe-Fx. LEDs synchronize to states.

So... no tuner?

I don't think ANY other controller has a transflective LCD.. that's uber-cool! Brutal trying to read a normal LCD on an outdoor stage.

Now I just need the Canadian dollar to claw it's way back up to par with the greenback before they start shipping and my name comes up on the list :mrgreen:

FractalAudio said:
Exactly. Almost identical in size to the All Access. Fits in a rack drawer.

Large 20-character display, transflective (sunlight readable)

Four expression pedal inputs, four external footswitch inputs

Expansion jack.

Configurable as 1, 5 or 10 presets per bank. Remaining switches are then IA.

Firmware updates via MIDI in.

Runs on 9VAC. Uses less than 1A current (as opposed to 2A for most other controllers). High-efficiency switch-mode power supply means smaller, less expensive power transformer. Phantom powerable via 7-pin MIDI cable.

Preset, Song and Set modes. blah, blah, etc.

SOOOO AWESOME... And then I Axed in my pants...
Anyway. I was curious if the 4 CC controllers and 4 switch controllers are separate equalling a total of 8 control jacks or are they 4 with the option to do either like some gear?

Can you go into more detail about what the "expansion jack" is for???

How will this work with the current 8 IA's allowed in the axe? Will the MFC replace them or add to them.

Robboman said:

So... no tuner?

I don't think ANY other controller has a transflective LCD.. that's uber-cool! Brutal trying to read a normal LCD on an outdoor stage.

tuner will be on the display i believe.

the fx1 you can see in direct sunlight.

RACK DRAWERS:

For those that use them now, or plan to use them, what's your thinking (1 drawer or 2) ?
I will have the MFC-101 plus a couple of pedals so I guess its time to start looking at drawers and gettin a little larger rack case.

Back
Top Bottom