FM9 unix-guy's random jams

It's been a while... I played over a loop of a section of a song I've had for years but never completed.

I has a bit of a Gilmour character so I went with it :)

Love that lead tone!
Still the tucanna? It has an ac20 mid voicing and vibe I really dig.

Love that lead tone!
Still the tucanna? It has an ac20 mid voicing and vibe I really dig.
On further thought, that may have been only the Bassguy... I was messing with something and I think I had adjusted the Mixer to only have 1 amp...

Here's another one I just recorded. It's got some warts but I liked the chords and just went for it. That's the fun of exploring :)

This one is my DK-24 into the Two Stone J35 with the Sunrise Splendor as a boost.

I was trying out the Sunrise in place of the Tone of Kings - I like it!

Thank you - I use it a lot! :)

Many years ago I spent a bunch of time trying to steal a bit of Michael Lee Firkins' "faux side" technique with the bar... I really dig good slide players like Sonny Landreth and Derek Trucks, but I suck at using a slide.
Firkins is an excellent player & a really nice guy. I went to Prairie Sun's recording program down in Cotati in the early 90's. He was recording one of his early demos there at the time. He was just getting in w/ Yamaha & his Pacifica models.

Shrapnel Records put out some monster players back then.

I came up with this little riff as I was checking the tuning on my Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top. Happy accident!

It sounds a bit muffled - my phone must not have been in a great position cuz it sounded great in the room :)

I think I'm going to develop this into something... It feels a little EJ to me.

This is the Two Stone J35 dialed fairly clean with the VS9 Drive in front.

Fresh squeezed FW 25 beta:

Beware there are definitely some "adventurous" note choices in there... Especially near the end :)

TX Star Clean with the new Sunrise Splendor for the chords and then a slightly different set of settings with the same Amp and the VS9 Valve Screamer

So, I like to come up with simple riffs or chord progressions, slap them into the Looper and then improvise over them...

I'm not looking for something perfect or refined - just chasing my muse trying to explore melody, phrasing and inflection. Just play!

Sometimes I crash and burn or pick some really "piquant" notes.

Anyway, I thought I would post a few recent examples and if anyone is interested I'll occasionally post more. And if nobody likes it that's ok, too :)

Here's one I recorded on 10/13 and totally forgot about. I rediscovered it tonight and thought it was worthy of sharing:

Here's another I did today:

Edit:

These are recorded in Voice Memo on my iPhone from roughly 3 feet away and about chest level with the sound coming from a pair of EV PXM 12MP FRFR monitors on the floor.

Occasionally I will connect the FM9 or Axe Fx III with a USB to lightning cable, but the phone mic works well and gives a good representation of what I hear while playing.

Man those recordings have a very relaxed vibe I’m really digging your post’s
All the Best
Fred

Back
Top Bottom