• The first clip was UltraRes.

Votes: 46 41.8%
  • The second clip was UltraRes.

Votes: 64 58.2%

• Total voters

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Okay so here's the difference. Is it big? Is it small? Is it important? Vote for which you think is UltraRes. And as a token of appreciation here are the UltraRes IR's used in this clip. These are IR's that I shot through my Mesa Traditional 1x12 wide cab a few months back. The IR's were almost 6 seconds long so they are definitely long enough.

I play the same riff twice and it's just single tracked.

I have lowered the gain almost half a decibel on the UltraRes version to make it less noticable. It sounds louder and measures a higher RMS and peaks almost a decibel higher than normal res. There is an actual noticable volume difference. If there is another difference then you should be able to hear it without the volume boost OR you should be able to tell by which clip is lower volume but that will not be the case. (Yes, sir. Still a pain in the ass.) If you can't tell the difference between the clips because of this volume difference then you'll get even better tones by boosting your output several dB's in the future. :lol

Attachments

• Clark Kent's Number 20.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Clark Kent's Number 21.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 253
I'm a deaf ol' muddafer but I like most the first ... I don't know if is UR but sounds to me more organic ....

Well OK ... Let's play ... I say clip 1

Sorry for the dumb question ... The 2 Ir that you share here are 2 UR ? They are involved in the soundcloud clip ? 2 cab or What ?!

I want to say 1 for the low end, but I'm gonna go with 2, because you mentioned the dB drop.

EDIT: OK, I've changed my mind, it's the first clip fo' sho'.

Last edited:
1 has more low end to me... so ill say 1... but in a mix context, i think no one would find out...

maybe try double track, guitars only... to see if the difference gets bigger with double track?

With these ultrares comparisons I'm just not 100percent sold that it really makes a noticeable difference. I truley appreciate all the work and effort cliff and team put in but is ultrares just another creative way to try and upstage the competiton and sell the product? I mean no disrespect by this comment in any way but is it really that fantastic? Maybe me ears are just dead. I should be asking my kids with their fresh ears.

How could you compare ultrares vs normal?

SVHS to VHS ?
Normal vs. Chrome vs. Metal casette tapes?
1080p vs 720p HD?
Wav vs MP3?
Regular8 vs. Hi8 video?

I remember when Line6 came out with their PodHD with their HD amp models. Whats next, UHD?

Cant wait for UltraHD

I normally stay out of these but since you shared your IRs, UR is the second half. Reason I say this is mids sound sharper, more bite, and razor edge-ish which is the feeling I get when actually playing them.

With these ultrares comparisons I'm just not 100percent sold that it really makes a noticeable difference. I truley appreciate all the work and effort cliff and team put in but is ultrares just another creative way to try and upstage the competiton and sell the product? I mean no disrespect by this comment in any way but is it really that fantastic? Maybe me ears are just dead. I should be asking my kids with their fresh ears.

How could you compare ultrares vs normal?

SVHS to VHS ?
Normal vs. Chrome vs. Metal casette tapes?
1080p vs 720p HD?
Wav vs MP3?
Regular8 vs. Hi8 video?

I remember when Line6 came out with their PodHD with their HD amp models. Whats next, UHD?

Cant wait for UltraHD

I agree in much part... But between Wave and Mp3 the re is a huge difference ...

Neither was bad. On a first listen it seemed like #1 had more bass but then after listening a couple of times #1 seems lacking in the mids. #2 seems to not be lacking in bass but seems to have more harmonic content.

Neither was bad. On a first listen it seemed like #1 had more bass but then after listening a couple of times #1 seems lacking in the mids. #2 seems to not be lacking in bass but seems to have more harmonic content.

i did not think ultrares was supposed to affect harmonics?

Back
Top Bottom