UltraRes factory cabs?

All I know is I'm converting all my presets to Ultra Res cabs. To me the difference is pretty substantial. Yes, 12.04b has a lot to do with the incredible tones, but FRFR to me was still a bit lacking. However, with Ultra res, I'm finding FRFR is even closer to the real cab in the room sound and feel. Because of my templates I need to run 2 cabs in parallel for stereo and I'm easily finding ways to cut out other blocks to keep my CPU under 90%. It's worth it to me!

Depends on just how much work is involved and time restraints. I will say that after buying the new UltraRes pack 3 and hearing it in my own small studio, I wouldn't mind even "paying" to have all my old ones replaced now.

So the UR pack is clearly better than the standard?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

IMHO... Yes!

Yes. But the OH Ultrares Cabs don't cover all the cabs that were "lowres" in the AxeII.
The OH IRs are different speakers in the same cabinets so the are bound to be different. But they do sound great.
Having all the originals in Ultrares would be awesome though. And the other two producer packs :)

Ultimately, there is no real need for non ultra-res aside the need to reduce CPU load on complex patches, so the transition to Ultrares seems inevitable.

Patience is a virtue I guess.

Yes. But the OH Ultrares Cabs don't cover all the cabs that were "lowres" in the AxeII.
The OH IRs are different speakers in the same cabinets so the are bound to be different. But they do sound great.
Having all the originals in Ultrares would be awesome though. And the other two producer packs :)

Ultimately, there is no real need for non ultra-res aside the need to reduce CPU load on complex patches, so the transition to Ultrares seems inevitable.

Patience is a virtue I guess.

Yes I'm with you but I think he was asking if the OH Ultra-Res are better than the standard OH. It would be great to have all the factory IR in the Axe converted in Ultra-Res but I read somewhere that the IR used to make the factory cabs aren't long enough.

All I know is I'm converting all my presets to Ultra Res cabs. To me the difference is pretty substantial. Yes, 12.04b has a lot to do with the incredible tones, but FRFR to me was still a bit lacking. However, with Ultra res, I'm finding FRFR is even closer to the real cab in the room sound and feel.

Have to agree.. I've messed with the new UR cabs included with FW13 and compared them to previous and I chose them every time.

All I know is I'm converting all my presets to Ultra Res cabs. To me the difference is pretty substantial. Yes, 12.04b has a lot to do with the incredible tones, but FRFR to me was still a bit lacking. However, with Ultra res, I'm finding FRFR is even closer to the real cab in the room sound and feel. Because of my templates I need to run 2 cabs in parallel for stereo and I'm easily finding ways to cut out other blocks to keep my CPU under 90%. It's worth it to me!

I'm with you Nater and IMHO part of the reason we are getting closer in the sound, touch and feel is that UltraRes (with its increased transparency and uncluttered resolution) allows Fractalites everywhere to dial in that last bit of perfection from the amp, FX and cab block parameters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First try in rehearsal yesterday and have to admit that I immediately switched back to Hires due to too much low frequencies in the mix (would'nt even hear the bass player anymore).
After search it appears that the null mic + proximity at 2-3 seems to be the cause, sounds great at home but absolutely inexistent in bandmix. Tweeked around a bit again with the UR IR's and hope it will be better next time in 2 weeks. Also I turned down bass settings in the amp and actived low filter on bass for almost all amps. Too much is too much...

Please Help Me understand this as I admit to being a bit lost... Why do they sell the ultra res cab packs and why should I buy the for my fractal. Are they just a bunch of extra sound variations and why should I buy them as it seems like I will never tire of the Fractals sound pallets. When I download an exchange patch, if it uses an ultra res does it have to be specifically loaded from the extra disc or does it automatically get downloaded? Where can I find current info on this, Wiki seems a bit thin...
Any help appreciated,

Love & Peace,
David

Please Help Me understand this as I admit to being a bit lost... Why do they sell the ultra res cab packs and why should I buy the for my fractal. Are they just a bunch of extra sound variations and why should I buy them as it seems like I will never tire of the Fractals sound pallets. When I download an exchange patch, if it uses an ultra res does it have to be specifically loaded from the extra disc or does it automatically get downloaded? Where can I find current info on this, Wiki seems a bit thin...
Any help appreciated,

Love & Peace,
David

The latest firmware comes with a 10 sample Ultra Res IRs for free. They are just a few samples taken from the Ownhammer Modern/Vintage packs and converted to UltraRes for free. You can put them into your AxeFX using the latest version of Axe Edit and drag/dropping them into empty user cab blocks.

When you download a patch from the exchange which uses one of these UltraRes cabs, just make sure the cab that the patch author intended to use is in that slot. If the author of that patch has the cab in a different slot than you it won't automatically show up in the patch, you have to select it manually.

Back
Top Bottom