Ultra with Mesa Recto loaded with EV 12L Black Labels - high gain

JGR

Inspired
I've been meaning to post some better clips since I got my Zoom Q3 HD, but have been playing mostly bass for the last several months. Anyway, I put together a quick clip of the Ultra running into an SWR Power 750, which in the video is pushing 450 watts into the left cab (the right one isn't hooked up). The cabs are loaded with EV Black Labels, which I can't recommend enough - they can really crank the low end, and sound killer for both clean and high gain. I think they are a great solution if you want versatility without going the FR route.

I've haven't really played around with recording guitar with the camera, but I am finding it to be a lot more sensitive to mic placement in regards to capturing the true high end without phase issues. It was recorded very loud in a bedroom, so the stereo mics pick up a lot of the reflections. You can hear the tone change when I move in the video. Patch is based on one of the Recto's - no frills, bone dry. Guitar is a stock PRS SC245.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK8Z4lMvfZA

Cheers,

JR

awesome tone, thanks for the post !

edit: nice take on Harvester of pain in your other video, that PRS with the white EMGs looks great

Last edited:
Good catch on the Harvester of Pain - I knew it was a Zakk riff, but it's been so long, I had couldn't remember where it came from! Good ol' Pride and Glory. Yeah, I dig the look of creme EMG's with certain colors.

I want your guitar. I also want those cabs. And your rack. Should I give an address where you should send them? :D

Back
Top Bottom