Ultra/FCB1010 saving volume to preset

Shepdoggiest

Inspired
I use the 2nd pedal of a FCB1010 to control changes in Amp Drive on my Ultra. Parameters of control run from 65% to 85%.
I want to save the preset so when it loads it's at 85% for a preset, and at 65% for another. Can this be done? Thanks much!

Been a long time since I had the ultra with an fcb, but I think that you will only be able to do this by sending the midi value to what ever midi cc you are controlling the volume with along with the pc change. Not the expression pedal. I think this would probably be easier to save the preset at a lower volume in the ultra, then use something for a boost if you need it louder.

Fcb1010 can send multiple midi messages per switch press, but when I had mine I set it up so the upper switches in each bank selected presets, and the bottom switches were set up for turning effects on and off. It's a lot simpler to remember what switches do when they are the same for every preset. And programing the fcb is a very tedious task, and I wanted it simple.

I have mine set up that way. I'm sure there's a lot more capability than I understand. I guess I gotta sort how to get each preset (what I use the top bank for) to send the volume cc number I need so I'm not constantly reaching for the pedal. I appreciate you taking time to chime in. btw - Nice profile pic. I have a 1986 Charvel Model 6 that I got new in '86. Best neck of any guitar I ever touched.

Hi paranoid, sorry if this proves to be a pita.. I can't add a link to my pCloud so you can see the pics I took because I don't have 10 posts. So, I'm gonna post this one sentence at a time so I can! More than 1 way to skin the proverbial forum rule!

I'd love to learn more about how this stuff works, even if it won't for this particular application and I have to make extra presets.

In the drive modifier settings (the screen with the dot that moves) turn PC Reset on. You don't need to send an extra CC on preset changes for this.

Adjust the drive parameter normally from the front panel (or Axe-Edit; try entering a value with keyboard if mouse acts strangely) to set the value that will be saved. It won't jump to reflect the pedal value until it changes by 5% from the last value sent.

You would send the cc # to what ever midi # external 2 is since that's what you have selected in the modifier. The cc# you use would be between 0 and 128. You'd have to play with them to get it where you want it. Or leave it set has min max like you have in the modifier now and just send 0 and 128 to toggle between max and min. I hope this helps. Been a long time since I had the ultra, and I never had an editor for the fcb.

Back
Top Bottom