Ultimate Joe Bonamassa Preset

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. Big Bonamassa fan here.

Yes, that Tremolo is the 'secret sauce' in getting the 'space' in his tone... very unusual tone technique, and one that is verified by the man himself, and his amp maker...

I've updated the preset to reflect an accidental Pitch block misplacement. Please redownload at the above link.

What's interesting to me - that solo sounds just as good slowed down as it does when you play it at speed.

Killer playing; killer tone. :D

For those of you (like me) who don't use External pedals yet, and wonder why there is no sound from the preset - Click on the Vol/Pan block in Axe-Edit or the Front panel. The 'Volume' parameter is linked to the Extern 1 controller and by default is set to '0', i.e. no sound coming out.

If you disable the controller, then you can set the Volume manually to whatever your rig limits are. (or just bypass the Vol/Pan block)

Great preset - I am going to try it with my JB sig LP now... :)

Last edited:
For those of you (like me) who don't use External pedals yet, and wonder why there is no sound from the preset - Click on the Vol/Pan block in Axe-Edit or the Front panel. The 'Volume' parameter is linked to the Extern 1 controller and by default is set to '0', i.e. no sound coming out.

If you disable the controller, then you can set the Volume manually to whatever your rig limits are. (or just bypass the Vol/Pan block)

Great preset - I am going to try it with my JB sig LP now... :)

Yes, just bypass the volume block and detach or reassign the rotary speed modifier if you don't use pedals.

I had fun with this one just a bit ago. It's amazing we can turn on this box and get tones like this. These settings from Joe in 2008 for the Silver Jubilee sounded good too. Switching between single coil, humbuckers, rolling off the tone knob...it's all good. The only problem is figuring out which one you want to use. Thanks for the patch.

From Marshall Silver Jubilee 50/25 combo Joe setting? (Page 1) presence 5 , bass 10 , mid 7.5 highs 4.5 master 10 , volume 5 and gain 5.

Back
Top Bottom