TX Star Clean MV???

I already told that lowering MV solved the "problem", it's not a problem.

I just find it stupid that by default you have to tweak few parameters the get clean amp sound clean, it's a practical issue, not a problem. If higain amp sounds totally clean by default wouldn't that be silly?

offtopic: there answers are once again like "don't question the axe fx, do this and that and you're good to go", I know Clark Kent knows what I mean ;)

this doesn't sound like "no problem"....and is what elicited certain responses.

yes of course it's the guitar, axe fx is perfect and there's no way to problem is in the model...

I use PRS CE24 with standard PRS humbuckers

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the stock pickups on a CE24 the HFS's.

Per PRS page: HFS: Stock on Custom 24s, CE 24s and Standard 24s. Originally meaning Hot, Fat and Screams, the HFS features a powerful ceramic magnet and hot coils for an aggressive tone when cranked, clear highs, searing midrange and thumping bass.

That could possibly be causing your breakup tone.

Irotlas...

Go to your Room plz.
Or turn the knobs.. for the love of god. Maannn.

;)

I`m just silly,and a bit stupid.. never mind me

Once again few people got this whole thread wrong wich wasn't a surprise at all so I don't bother...

You said: "I just find it stupid that by default you have to tweak few parameters the get clean amp sound clean,..."

Maybe if you hadn't inferred that Cliff was stupid for not setting the defaults to how you wanted them....

Mmmm. The guitar Andy Timmons plays the most with his LoneStar/Stiletto setup is the AT100CL. It looks like a Strat, but it's not. The pups that look like single-coils are stacked humbuckers, DiMarzio Cruisers to be specific. These are a good bit hotter than single-coils, and the bridge bucker is also pretty punchy. At full volume, these would probably break up on his settings too; when he plays clean, he backs down on the guitar volume instead.

Played the TX Star Clean just a bit yesterday with one of my strats, with med gain pickups, and I really dug it. It was a GOOD clean. Sometimes a clean is just "too" clean, and maybe just a bit lifeless and dull. This clean had some liveliness and just a tiny bit of grit, if you really dig in; lots of sparkle in it. I put a BB Boost in front of it, after reading another thread, and it was a whole 'nohter beast.
I'm liking the TX Star clean a LOT; I moved it to one of my go-to slots. I'm thinking it may replace my MAZ-38 (well....maybe....still checking it out) for my "sorta clean with a little breakup if struck hard" patch.

Factory presets, default settings, etc: imo some work better with one guitar, others better with another guitar. Also, single coil vs humbucker (series vs parallel vs split) vs pickup selector all make big difference, and the guitar volume knob.

I went through the factory presets using humbuckers + series/parallel/split switches. I mostly use the humbuckers in series configuration and a lot of the factory presets sucked, imo. So I started flipping the series/parallel/split switches and pickup selector, and the whole situation went upside down. I was able to find a lot of a preset that I liked and could possibly use with few little adjustments.

I've got my Lonestar sitting right next to me and they're pretty damned close. The Axe2 model may start to break up a hair sooner than the real amp, but other than that it's nearly identical, especially if you're using the TAF black shadow IR.

I've got my Lonestar sitting right next to me and they're pretty damned close. The Axe2 model may start to break up a hair sooner than the real amp, but other than that it's nearly identical, especially if you're using the TAF black shadow IR.

What kind of speaker is sitting in your amp? C90 or V30?

Back
Top Bottom