Two questions on pedal (wah) and footswitch label

AxelF

I've set up a wah block with pedal 1 (auto-engage, 5 %). When I don't connect the pedal the wah block is always on. Is there a way to avoid this without having to copy the preset without a wah block? When no pedal 1 is connected the wah block should stay in its stored status (which is off in all scenes of the preset).

Is it possible to name a custom label on the footwswitch like this?
'MyCustomName +Channel', e.g. 'Boost C'

If not, would be a useful addition.

Look in the manual for the Midi/Remote Menu, Initial Value parameter. You need to set the initial value to 0 for Pedal 1.

I've set up a wah block with pedal 1 (auto-engage, 5 %). When I don't connect the pedal the wah block is always on. Is there a way to avoid this without having to copy the preset without a wah block? When no pedal 1 is connected the wah block should stay in its stored status (which is off in all scenes of the preset).

Is it possible to name a custom label on the footwswitch like this?
'MyCustomName +Channel', e.g. 'Boost C'

If not, would be a useful addition.
With auto engage, the stored status is “reference where the pedal is.” With no pedal connected, the pedal is at 100%. That’s why the wah block is on. A quick way to solve this is to set your off value to 95% rather than 5%.

Every FC label has a Custom Name option in the Label area.

With auto engage, the stored status is “reference where the pedal is.” With no pedal connected, the pedal is at 100%. That’s why the wah block is on. A quick way to solve this is to set your off value to 95% rather than 5%.

Every FC label has a Custom Name option in the Label area.
Thanks. I‘d like the FM9 to add the channel (as a variable/placeholder) to my custom label, like one of the other option ‚short name +channel‘.

You can select Custom Name from the drop down label menu, and add whatever you'd like there. LEAD, for example, would be most appropriate. Placeholders are fixed, not variable once they're created. You'd need to create a custom name for the same button for HOLD, if 2 separate placeholders were required.

Last edited:
Thanks. I‘d like the FM9 to add the channel (as a variable/placeholder) to my custom label, like one of the other option ‚short name +channel‘.
Oh you want a custom name and a non-custom part at the same time. This doesn’t exist.

It would be cool if we could add some variables to the custom labels to have it reference system info.

Something like C$ = current channel, P$ = current preset, S$ = current scene, etc.

It would be cool if we could add some variables to the custom labels to have it reference system info.

Something like C$ = current channel, P$ = current preset, S$ = current scene, etc.
Isn't there some way a SCN INC/DEC or BANK INC/DEC could be utilized that references separate scenes or presets? Custom labels would already be attached to these; access would only be needed. Or is this going over my head entirely...? :worried:

Last edited:
Isn't there some way a SCN INC/DEC or BANK INC/DEC could be utilized that references separate scenes or presets? Custom labels would already be attached to these; access would only be needed. Or this going over my head entirely...? :worried:
Custom labels are "static". It doesn't matter which scene/channel/preset you choose...

Custom labels are "static". It doesn't matter which scene/channel/preset you choose...
That's what I thought as well. The labels would already need to be attached to whatever scene or preset existed at the time...they change only when the individual bank or scene changes, they wouldn't be variable within the same preset or scene...

That's what I thought as well. The labels would already need to be attached to whatever scene or preset existed at the time...they change only when the individual bank or scene changes, they wouldn't be variable within the same preset or scene...
I think you missed the point of the post you replied to.

It was suggesting to have some sort of placeholder / variable in the (otherwise static) custom label that would refer to the scene/channel/preset.

I think you missed the point of the post you replied to.

It was suggesting to have some sort of placeholder / variable in the (otherwise static) custom label that would refer to the scene/channel/preset.
No, I think I got that, my reply was what if the OP was hoping for a variable custom name placeholder in either scene, preset, or channel. You're saying that isn't possible because the scenes/presets/channels are static. What I'm saying is, is it not possible to accomplish this with INC/DEC, or toggle within bank, scene, or channel? If no, no worries. I tried.

Some switch functions do have label options that reference the current or destination scene/presets/channel/etc., but custom labels currently only show the exact text you enter for that switch.

No, I think I got that, my reply was what if the OP was hoping for a variable custom name placeholder in either scene, preset, or channel. You're saying that isn't possible because the scenes/presets/channels are static. What I'm saying is, is it not possible to accomplish this with INC/DEC, or toggle within bank, scene, or channel? If no, no worries. I tried.
The OP wants a custom label that also includes the Channel, so no, is not possible as was already said.

I'm not saying the scenes/presets/channels are static because that's not true. The custom labels are static. There is no way to have a custom label with dynamic component such as channel.

The OP wants a custom label that also includes the Channel, so no, is not possible as was already said.

I'm not saying the scenes/presets/channels are static because that's not true. The custom labels are static. There is no way to have a custom label with dynamic component such as channel.
Thanks. I knew we weren't saying what we needed to so we could hear each other. Channel custom labels are static. Yet, I may try to design a layout with variable INC/DEC scenes on one footswitch, just to see if it's possible. They may not have custom names, but could still be named Scene 1, Scene 2, etc.

My feeling is that anything that involves INC/DEC or Toggle cannot have a variable custom name on one footswitch. The label name would need to remain either Short Name or Long Name, or something non-custom.

Back
Top Bottom