Tuesday's Gone Intro Effect

axel

Power User
Just wondering if anyone has a good approximation of the effect used in the intro to Lynard Skynard's Tuesday's Gone. I think it's a phaser, but I can't seem to find the right settings. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: It has been pointed out that this part is played on keyboard, but I'm trying to find a similar effect for playing on guitar.

Last edited:
Try the 'Vibe' type in the phaser block in front of the amp.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I seem to be getting close using the formant filter, combined with a phaser. I doubt he used that combination, but I can't seem to get there using just the phaser (yet).

Last edited:
The intro sounds like a synth to me. I thought you were talking about the guitar after the synth intro.

The intro sounds like a synth to me. I thought you were talking about the guitar after the synth intro.
It very well could be, but I think a guitar could get close with the right effect(s).

Last edited:
That's played by Billy Powell ( Keyboards ). IIRC the first pass is one of the settings on an old Honer Clavinet, and the second pass is the Clavinet mixed w/ an old Hammond B3 Organ ....

Back
Top Bottom